Good and cheap games

Mike Hawk

So I'm kinda getting tired of tf2. I enjoy playing it but after 2 hours ish of playing on a mixture of different game modes, I just get bored.

I've also been getting kinda tired of terraria as well as skyrim.

Gmod was just kinda eh to me, and CS:GO is alright, but not really my cup of tea.

Just asking for some good game suggestions that will keep me busy for at least 100+ hours. 

I'm even interested in some flash games on kongregate or something. 

I can easily cash out some keys in order to buy games from steam though, or buy games from outpost vendors.

I've been thinking about binding of isaac rebirth but idk, it looks pretty repetitive.

Thanks, and have fun.

When I think of a PC game that can keep me occupied for hours, Civilization comes to mind. Civs III and IV can be found cheap and V has some good sales as well (but be sure to get the complete set as Civ games are always best after the 2nd expansion). Otherwise, if you want more strategy, try Paradox's grand strategy games (Europa Universalies, Crusader Kings, Victoria, Hearts of Iron); they've got a steep learning curve, but turning a tiny province into a world superpower is highly addicting.

Otherwise, if you just want to bolster your library, the Humble Bundles are the way to go. Get a bunch of games dirt cheap and even if you only spend a short time on them, you'll still have gotten your money's worth.

Farcry 3 was pretty cheap during the sale but idk now. But when i get bored of tf2 i go on there or i play issac rebirth. 

Dungeon Defenders - once i logged in i forgot about TF2 for 130hours and counting :) 

Torchlight II, FORCED, RAGE, Portal series, Hl2 - worth looking into.

On the side note, i have Tropico 4 steam edition gift to sell - 10ref

All of the half life games. Rayman Raving rabbids is fun due to how crazy the minigames get.(RRR is NEVER on sale though, so get it on wii, PS2 or Xbox360).

Team fortress Classic, ALL of the CS games and Left 4 Dead

EDIT: Also, the Portal series.

Awesomenauts -- I have nearly 500 hours on it and I still play it. Got it for 2.5 USD in a sale, absolutely worth it. I've also been playing a lot of Kingdoms of Amalur lately; its a bit like Skyrim-lite, in many ways.

You can also try Might and Magic Duel of Champions, SMITE, or Scrolls if you want to try some free games.

Fallout New Vegas/3 is always good but if you're looking for retro, maybe Fallout 1+2 is more up your alley

This. Fallout: New Vegas is one of my top five games of all time, and the fact that it can be gotten for such a pittance is absurd.

the Borderlands franchise is great

Also this. I got both Borderlands at full price and played them to death. Better with a buddy but still enjoyable solo.

I can also second Dungeon Defenders, Torchlight, and Portal.

Binding of isaac

no matter if it's the old one, or new one, they are still both fun and pretty cheap

If you've got a key buy FlatOut 2 off this seller on OP.

also this

Stalker COP / Stalker Shadow of chernobyl. Those'll get you a good 80 hours at the least. Lots of exploring and farming to do as well as some gameplay/graphic mods.

Can't recommend these games enough.

Far Cry 3 and Civ 5 are great, but are pricy when they aren't on sale

I love Turbo Dismount, but that isn't necessarily a time-dump compared to TF2

FTL and Gravity Ghosts might be good though

Fallout New Vegas/3 is always good but if you're looking for retro, maybe Fallout 1+2 is more up your alley

I have both of them available on steam, and i outplayed the hell out of fallout 3 already :P I might re install NV because I never really got started on it.

What is 'cheap' considered to you? 2.50? 5? 10? Etc...

Probably < $30 ish

the Borderlands franchise is great

I've played borderlands, all the dlc, and borderlands 2. They were alright but they really turn into a grindfest for better weapons. And sometimes you get stuck in awkward situations with a wonky weapon that can't get the job done.

When I think of a PC game that can keep me occupied for hours, Civilization comes to mind. Civs III and IV can be found cheap and V has some good sales as well (but be sure to get the complete set as Civ games are always best after the 2nd expansion). Otherwise, if you want more strategy, try Paradox's grand strategy games (Europa Universalies, Crusader Kings, Victoria, Hearts of Iron); they've got a steep learning curve, but turning a tiny province into a world superpower is highly addicting.

Otherwise, if you just want to bolster your library, the Humble Bundles are the way to go. Get a bunch of games dirt cheap and even if you only spend a short time on them, you'll still have gotten your money's worth.

I've heard a lot of good stuff about Civ V, I might get that. 

I think I got a humble bundle once and the games lasted me about ~20 hours in total, so that's in consideration.

Dead Bits

Try playing Warframe, I heard its a good game

Have ~100 hours already, a bunch of endgame stuff, and now i'm tired of grinding for more endgame stuff.

Farcry 3 was pretty cheap during the sale but idk now. But when i get bored of tf2 i go on there or i play issac rebirth. 

Have it on xbox and I'm getting around to playing it after my brother beats it :)

Like I said about rebirth, looks really repetitious 

>getting bored of tf2 in 2 hours. Try 4,000. Time wasted that I'll never get back.

I have 1.5k hours of tf2. I mean after playing tf2 for 2 hours straight with dif game modes I get bored of it :P

Archived