All i need to know about 'Unusual' Trading.

SpiderMan

Hey all, I am here to ask for advice, tips and guides about everything and anything i need to know about ' Unusual Trading', things that can benefit me like ;

Item i should make profit off,

How to make profit,

Things i should look out for,

Things i should not buy, 

How to sell it away, 

And all the things you think are important for 'Unusual Trading' 

Thanks in advance. :) Have a nice day.

Please provide useful and detailed advice.

don't

Pretty much the sum of unusual trading ^^^

Item you should make profit of is only 1st gen + halloween

do not buy new overhyped effect

Yeah, unusual trading is a bitch. The Item you should stay away from is 3rd/2nd gen cancer which is the only thing you could really afford. I would recommend CSGO knive traing instead but eh you asked for unsuals.

So

• Make profit off of quicksells
  • Look out for phishers, scammers, and really good offers.
  • Don't buy 3rd/2nd gen unless it's a considerable amount off or you could end up stuck with the hat for a while.
  • Sell it like everything else. Keep in mind you have a lot more competition than just normal cosmetics. Keep an eye on your competition and take a look at their offers too :^)

gl

and btw

834.jpg

Yeah, unusual trading is a bitch. The Item you should stay away from is 3rd/2nd gen cancer which is the only thing you could really afford. I would recommend CSGO knive traing instead but eh you asked for unsuals.

So

• Make profit of of quicksells
  • Look out for phishers, scammers, and really good offers.
  • Don't buy 3rd/2nd gen unless it's a considerable amout off or you could end up stuck with the hat for a while.
  • Sell it like everything else. Keep in mind you have a lot more competition than just normal cosmetics. Keep an eye on your competition and take a look at their offers too :^)

gl

and btw

834.jpg

Please explain more about Knifes trading, and 2nd , 3rd gen cancer, as for me with no knowledge of Gens and Cancer in them.. Thanks

Please explain more about Knifes trading, and 2nd , 3rd gen cancer, as for me with no knowledge of Gens and Cancer in them.. Thanks

2nd gen

Nuts n' Bolts , Stormy Storm , Blizzardly Storm, Orbiting Fire , Orbiting Planets , Steaming , Smoking

3rd gen

Kill a Watt,Terror Watt,Miami Nights,Disco Beat Down,Cloud 9,Dead Presidents,Aces High

Knives trading require you to have CS:GO at least

Cancer Hat means Ugly Hats EG : Dread Knot

2nd gen

Nuts n' Bolts , Stormy Storm , Blizzardly Storm, Orbiting Fire , Orbiting Planets , Steaming , Smoking

3rd gen

Kill a Watt,Terror Watt,Miami Nights,Disco Beat Down,Cloud 9,Dead Presidents,Aces High

Knives trading require you to have CS:GO at least

Cancer Hat means Ugly Hats EG : Dread Knot

Thanks!

Crap..I bought one..

How much did you buy it for? 

he bought it for 9 keys in stranges

although 2nd gen isnt nearly as bad as 3rd. you could probably make 1-2 keys profit with time

he bought it for 9 keys in stranges

although 2nd gen isnt nearly as bad as 3rd. you could probably make 1-2 keys profit with time

I did bought it for 9 Keys and 1 Refs, but the worst part is.. not knowing the essential knowledge of Unusual trading, now i am 'hopefully' stuck with this unusual..

trade.tf/deals/live

buy 50% qs and lowball on every unusual

trade.tf/deals/live again

go = with a 1st gen offer and have the fools accept (or add a little more)

sell 1st gen for a little less than full price in pure

tons of more profit there

Not sure what's up with all these negative responses. I got the vast majority of my bp value (plus a lot I cashed out) exclusively from unusual trading. The biggest mistake people make is to make assumptions that 1st gens always sell fast and 3rd gens never sell fast. There's a price point for every single hat out there that will net you pure quickly. People need to adjust their expectations accordingly. 

Unusual trading takes a lot of experience. It really takes a while to truly understand the market. The most important bit of advice I can give is this. The number of a particular hat on the market is the single, most important factor in determining value. When there are 10 burning racks on the market, they will sell several buds less than when there are 2-3. When I evaluate an unusual offer, I always check first how many of that particular item there are on the market. 

The second big tip I can give early on in your trading career before you get into higher tier hats is to complete even trades + sweets. What I mean by this is to constantly accept equal value hats + sweets for your hat. Sell one 15 key hat for another 15 key hat + 2 keys in sweets and repeat. Those sweets add up over time. So even if you are constantly trading around 15 key hats, you are getting 2 keys in sweets each time you trade. I found it a very effective strategy early on. 

The only quickbuy traders that I found were really successful were ones who post their exact buying prices in their trades. For every other generic quickbuy trade, the vast majority of offers you get are either trash or scammers adding you. I never found making quickbuy trades worth my time. If you are really after good deals, you should purchase trade.tf premium and hunt for unusual deals or stalk SCM for true quicksells. 

Not sure what's up with all these negative responses. I got the vast majority of my bp value (plus a lot I cashed out) exclusively from unusual trading. The biggest mistake people make is to make assumptions that 1st gens always sell fast and 3rd gens never sell fast. There's a price point for every single hat out there that will net you pure quickly. People need to adjust their expectations accordingly. 

Unusual trading takes a lot of experience. It really takes a while to truly understand the market. The most important bit of advice I can give is this. The number of a particular hat on the market is the single, most important factor in determining value. When there are 10 burning racks on the market, they will sell several buds less than when there are 2-3. When I evaluate an unusual offer, I always check first how many of that particular item there are on the market. 

The second big tip I can give early on in your trading career before you get into higher tier hats is to complete even trades + sweets. What I mean by this is to constantly accept equal value hats + sweets for your hat. Sell one 15 key hat for another 15 key hat + 2 keys in sweets and repeat. Those sweets add up over time. So even if you are constantly trading around 15 key hats, you are getting 2 keys in sweets each time you trade. I found it a very effective strategy early on. 

The only quickbuy traders that I found were really successful were ones who post their exact buying prices in their trades. For every other generic quickbuy trade, the vast majority of offers you get are either trash or scammers adding you. I never found making quickbuy trades worth my time. If you are really after good deals, you should purchase trade.tf premium and hunt for unusual deals or stalk SCM for true quicksells. 

honestly, along with this, i wouldn't recommend unusual trading until you are set in a position where you have a decent amount of pure. I would advise getting tf2outpost premium and create banking threads, and keep on buying/selling until you reach a position where you have ____ keys. Then from that, I would suggest buying unusual quicksells, whether they are 3rd gen or not. With the 3rd gen quicksells, I usually overpay 1-2 keys for a 1st and 2nd gen and then sell for pure. That's an extremely huge profit gap that you can do in less than 3 days unlike buying a low tier unusual worth like 16 keys for 12-13 and then attempting to resell for 15. (too many in stock/price competition/hat is just plain bad)

this strategy and banking higher tier items made my backpack exponentially rise in the past 2-3 months. Easily recommended once you settle in, but wouldn't recommend early on.

Nice advice and Thanks you. 

I get your definition on sweets and trading the hats for the same hat + sweets, But what i don't know is.. I haven't yet to get the opportunity or met players who will do the thing you mentioned.. I have been on websites and trading servers but have not yet seen anyone trading hats 1:1 + sweets..  Where do you reckon, i go? To mention, i have never seen anyone put up trades like that as well..  Thanks in advance.

honestly, along with this, i wouldn't recommend unusual trading until you are set in a position where you have a decent amount of pure. I would advise getting tf2outpost premium and create banking threads, and keep on buying/selling until you reach a position where you have ____ keys. Then from that, I would suggest buying unusual quicksells, whether they are 3rd gen or not. With the 3rd gen quicksells, I usually overpay 1-2 keys for a 1st and 2nd gen and then sell for pure. That's an extremely huge profit gap that you can do in less than 3 days unlike buying a low tier unusual worth like 16 keys for 12-13 and then attempting to resell for 15. (too many in stock/price competition/hat is just plain bad)

this strategy and banking higher tier items made my backpack exponentially rise in the past 2-3 months. Easily recommended once you settle in, but wouldn't recommend early on.

Thanks. 

I do realise that geting Tf2outpost can benefit me alot, but the problem is, i don't have the essential tool to buy premium on Tf2outpost, but am still waiting for the''gift'' option that will soon be introduce on the website in the foreseeable future.

I made a video series on unusual trading a couple months back, a lot of what i cover in that lines up with what youre asking about. Theres 6 of them, 2-6 are probably what youll get the most out of. Channel --> http://www.youtube.com/user/BlacksydeTF2

(Also this isn't meant to be an advertisement. I made these in the first place so I could refer people to them)

Thanks. 

I do realise that geting Tf2outpost can benefit me alot, but the problem is, i don't have the essential tool to buy premium on Tf2outpost, but am still waiting for the''gift'' option that will soon be introduce on the website in the foreseeable future.

Then just camp trade.tf/deals/live for deals with people that are less experienced than you. 

Don't shark though cause thats badboy

I made a video series on unusual trading a couple months back, a lot of what i cover in that lines up with what youre asking about. Theres 6 of them, 2-6 are probably what youll get the most out of. Channel --> http://www.youtube.com/user/BlacksydeTF2

(Also this isn't meant to be an advertisement. I made these in the first place so I could refer people to them)

Nice video. But some of them did not specifically explained what i needed, i have already watched them.

Then just camp trade.tf/deals/live for deals with people that are less experienced than you. 

Don't shark though cause thats badboy

Thanks..

Crap..I bought one..

I wouldn't worry too much. Worse comes to worse, you can always dump it on the SCM for a small (about 1 key) loss. Or better yet, find someone with a worse hat, get them to add, then dump that on the SCM instead.

One other small tip not mentioned yet: If you're unsure of whether a deal is good for you or not, post a status update on the forums. There will usually be a few people online to help weigh in on the trade.

Yeah, unusual trading is a bitch. The Item you should stay away from is 3rd/2nd gen cancer which is the only thing you could really afford.

I am pretty sure people who keep saying 3rd and 2nd gen can't sell is not a very experienced unusual trader.

First gen is not that easy to sell as u think because they are so expensive that people really don't have much pure or other valuable hats to pay for. Also, First gen hat owners seldom sell their hats cheap.

2nd/ 3rd gen is way easier to sell than 1 gen if u are selling for the right price.

The tip u should know is that take the pure offer even though your profit is small.

I wouldn't worry too much. Worse comes to worse, you can always dump it on the SCM for a small (about 1 key) loss. Or better yet, find someone with a worse hat, get them to add, then dump that on the SCM instead.

One other small tip not mentioned yet: If you're unsure of whether a deal is good for you or not, post a status update on the forums. There will usually be a few people online to help weigh in on the trade.

Thanks!

Whats SCM?

and..

Which section am i able to post a status update? 

Sorry, i am new here. 

Thanks!

Whats SCM?

and..

Sorry, i am new here. 

U should really learn to trade normal stuff first before trading unusual. Unusual market can help u make tons of profit and can also let u lose all your money. Whatever it's your choice.

FYI, SCM is steam community market

BTW, what polar said is very useful

U should really learn to trade normal stuff first before trading unusual. Unusual market can help u make tons of profit and can also let u lose all your money. Whatever it's your choice.

FYI, SCM is steam community market

BTW, what polar said is very useful

Thanks!

What Polar said is indeed useful, but what i don't get it.. 

Why will people trade your hat for the same equal amount of value and yet pays an extra 1 ~ 2 key sweets for it? 

And how can i find this kind of trades? What should i look out for..  Thanks again.

Click on your name on the top right corner of the page and it'll bring up a little drop down menu. In the little bar that says "What's on your mind?", you can type a status update that will show up for everyone currently browsing the forums.

Why will people trade your hat for the same equal amount of value and yet pays an extra 1 ~ 2 key sweets for it? 

It's called over pay. The core concept is that because instead of giving pure to a person, you are giving them more items to sell and thus giving them more workload, the items being offered are worth less to compensate for the time and effort it will take to sell them. A general rule of thumb is to subtract 10% of the value when offering items over pure.

As for parts, paints, and killstreak kits, those will have values that fluctuate widely from person to person where some will value them at 50% of the unattached value (generally the person selling/offering them), whereas others will value them at 0% additional value.

Archived