TF2 Boring?

Ninjaturkey-

Hey, I've been playing TF2, mostly only for trading but I used to play just to play for fun. I used to play the standard gamemodes like koth, payload, but now they just seem boring. 

I've played Medieval mode and Saxton hale/Freak Fortress, but I know that there are probably a lot more fun things to do than that.

What are some fun modes you like to play in TF2?

Versus Saxton Hale(VSH), server I play has a SHITTON of weapons with custom stats, it's fun and better than the Vanilla VSH servers.

I'd suggest you try a new class with a weird primary. I switched from spy to heavy melee to shotgun engineer. Keeps me entertained.

I love to play deathrun servers, either as a runner or as the activator. I also like to join community MvM servers and trade servers when I'm not in the mood for deathruns.

I play competitive. (not very good at it, and our scout is a complete control freak, but he's the leader. and the buttmonkey.) It helps me have fun with the game.

I have played more of MvM recently than normal non-comp tf2.

Honestly, i usually employ the same strategy that i do any other game when i get bored of it.

I move onto the next game, and only return when i want to go back, and remember why i loved the game so much.

I took a break from TF2 a while ago, I'm mostly playing Spiral Knights and Dota 2 nowadays. Also kinda stopped trading. 

Anyway, I mostly like to play Medieval mode, casual MvM, most custom/community gamemodes (except full-crit servers. I hate those) and any servers with custom maps that allow grappling hooks and/or bumper cars. 

I felt the same until very recently. Bought a Pro KS Pan, low tier scout unusual and I run around with it. Actually getting good at scout which is funny. 

Tf2 is great, but it gets a little boring doing the same stuff. It's really outlived it's lifetime, but that doesn't mean it's dying. How many games have gone on for such a long time, without bringing much new to the table? Long running games like WoW and such have expansions, big DLCs and add loads. TF2 has had one or two gamemodes in the past few years and they're pretty bad.

It's a fun game, but it can die from hype and it really relies on the community to keep it alive, something I'm starting to think is waning.

i think going on certain custom mvm servers and playing machine attack is really good, definitely worth the playthrough

(also surf (try to avoid battle surf), mvm w/ custom stats, and slender)

I really enjoy playing vanilla tf2, even after 3 years and 2,500 hours. There's enough variety between the classes and the loadouts for each class that you (or at least I) never really get bored, since you can always mix it up. I also play a fair amount of mvm (35 tours on 2 cities, 6 on mecha) when that gets boring. Competitive can be fun too, I haven't really got into it but TF2 center is fun and I sub for a couple steel / iron teams upon occasion. 

In short, there's a ton of stuff to do in tf2, what makes it boring is if you keep doing the same stuff over and over again

Versus Saxton Hale(VSH), server I play has a SHITTON of weapons with custom stats, it's fun and better than the Vanilla VSH servers.

Would you be willing to share the IP of it? I've played on it before but forgot to favorite.

step 1: Play MGE until you are amazing

Step 2: Go pub stomping and feel amazing

step 3: play comp tf2 and get even more better

step 4: win a season of comp tf2 and feel even more amazing

Archived