Indicator for new accounts and banned users in classifieds

♠Derpeh♤

With the increase amount of users who seem to have accidentally traded with scammers/scammer alts recently I would like to have an extra tag and/or symbol placed for classified listings for those who have either:

1) Recently made account in the last 1-2months (Bp.tf tracks when they created their account on their profile already)

2) Currently has a ban on either bazaar.tf or outpost

3) Low tf2 hours (if possible)

Im suggesting a indicator (Checkbox?) on their listings that the user who you are trading with should have a quick background check before going through the trade. A new account can just be a new account and users can just been temporarily banned for swearing on outpost.

Many long time traders can agree that the current system is broken, throughout the month traders can go through thousands of trades simply making one mistake warrants a warning and the very next time you make a mistake it's a permanent, ban end of trading career (i.e. after a few thousand trades you are bound to have screwed up least once). This is a somewhat additive to prevent this from happening, we have already lost many valuable members and users who have contributed a lot to the community being banned for a mistake after being a active trader for years.

NOTE: An Indicator that you should do a background check NOT a "not trade with tag" which many people seem to have gotten mixed up with...

well this might be a little matter for people with a non-scamming OP/bazaar ban

cause you know there will always be "Newbs" who might call people scammer even though theyre innocent

well this might be a little matter for people with a non-scamming OP/bazaar ban

cause you know there will always be "Newbs" who might call people scammer even though theyre innocent

Hence why Im only suggesting a small indicator to push that a background check should be done for this user maybe similar to the online/offline indicator we already have.

Imo if you have done enough on outpost to warrant a ban it's just another form of punishment, you cant deny the amount of users who use classifieds to dump their stuff especially since classifieds is better for dumping scammed goods since trade.tf instantly picks it up and lists it as a "good deal". The pros out weigh the cons by far in my eyes.

Displaying the TF2 hours and people using premium to find hats would just make it easier to see if they think that person is sharkable. As well it would tell them its a new account.  I would be fine with a somebody who Currently has a ban on either bazaar.tf or outpost having something on their profile but not make a big deal of it. As I know many great traders who got banned from TF2OP for complete BS reasons or the ban was for personal reasons of the staff.

So people who have a life and can't play TF2 much are marked?

So people who just made an account are marked?

This seems silly. It's a no from me

Displaying the TF2 hours and people using premium to find hats would just make it easier to see if they think that person is sharkable. As well it would tell them its a new account.  I would be fine with a somebody who Currently has a ban on either bazaar.tf or outpost having something on their profile but not make a big deal of it. As I know many great traders who got banned from TF2OP for complete BS reasons or the ban was for personal reasons of the staff.

Just an indicator (check box maybe?) saying that you should do a full background check as we can all agree that if any of those options which I have listed above are signs of a scammer/scammer alt correct?

2) Way too many "behavioral" bans. This would be a bad idea.

It's just a simple indication that you should do a background check? When they check and see it's just a simple behavioural and not scamming they would know the user is fine to trade with.

So people who have a life and can't play TF2 much are marked?

So people who just made an account are marked?

This seems silly. It's a no from me

Again only a simple indicator similar to the online/offline that we have. Im not suggesting we have a mark thats like "do not trade" im saying we should have a mark indicating that you should do a background check

A user selling unusuals and from a newly created account or has like 10 hours on tf2 is a clear indicator that you should probably do a full background check if it is scammed goods or a scammer alt.

A "do not trade with" mark is very different to a "should do a background check" mark.

I don't think thats fair, if it says "Do a background check" alot of people will not trade with that person, which makes classifieds useless for new users if they loose so many buyers on that, thus less giving backpack.tf a bad reputation.

But that's non of my buisness.

--snip--

This would just kill trading for newbies. If I was trying to buy something and there would be some warning telling me to do a background check, I would most definitely just add someone else who doesn't have it.

It also creates this false sense of security; warning = bad, no warning = good.

Archived