I had my stuff taken away by the FBI.

ᴰᴶSn@@ke

This is very off topic, you've been warned.

Well basically 6 months ago [July 11th 2014 I was swatted. (fake police call about me shooting my mother dead with an AK-47) My house was swarmed around with swat and I was half asleep not knowing what was going on. Then I got yelled at through a megaphone which finally woke me up. Startled and unaware what was going on I got dressed and went downstairs. a really bright spotlight was pointed at my door and maybe like 30 cops were pointing AR-15s at me. My family was scared for my life thinking they'd lose me. My sister was screaming at them that they are going to kill me. I complied with everything they said and slowly walked backwards to my front yard with my hands up. They searched me and were pleased to know I had no weapons. I actually knew what was going on then and told them I was being swatted. Most of them were unaware what that was so I explained it to them. The house was searched and everything ended well.

The reason I am posting this is for this next part (September 3rd, 2014, my god damn birthday) I woke up with police in my house. Apparently I had threatened my school via email (using my name on a email account which had my name in it, it's obviously not mine I said because I use Major Snake as my online Aliases for everything.) that I planted bombs throughout the school and was going to shoot it up during school hours later that day. It made the news on many channels and the school was shut down for the day. Anyways heres the important part.

A few days later the FBI got a search warrant and comprehended my pc that I've spent $1.5k on, 3 phones, an iPod and an xbox 360. They said I would get my items back 3-4 months later. [i found a document saying that they would only keep it for 2 weeks.] It's been 5 months now, I wouldn't be too surprised if I never get my items back but what will they do with it? They've had plenty of time to record all the info. Suing the federal government isn't really an option for me.

They took a pair of my jeans, headphones and bag for an incident that happened with me. Promised they'd give it back but they didn't, not really too much of a big deal for me but they won't give it back.

Apparently I had threatened my school via email (using my name on a email account which had my name in it, it's obviously not mine I said because I use Major Snake as my online Aliases for everything.) that I planted bombs throughout the school and was going to shoot it up during school hours later that day. It made the news on many channels and the school was shut down for the day.

nothing came out when i googled lel

And that's why I think the Police, FBI, etc. in the USA are just a bunch of fucking morons without any good education.

Anybody can make an email adress with any name in it; what would have happened if somebody had named it [email protected]?

Well basically 6 months ago [July 11th 2014 I was swatted. (fake police call about me shooting my mother dead with an AK-47) My house was swarmed around with swat and I was half asleep not knowing what was going on. Then I got yelled at through a megaphone which finally woke me up. Startled and unaware what was going on I got dressed and went downstairs. a really bright spotlight was pointed at my door and maybe like 30 cops were pointing AR-15s at me. My family was scared for my life thinking they'd lose me. My sister was screaming at them that they are going to kill me. I complied with everything they said and slowly walked backwards to my front yard with my hands up. They searched me and were pleased to know I had no weapons. I actually knew what was going on then and told them I was being swatted. Most of them were unaware what that was so I explained it to them. The house was searched and everything ended well.

The reason I am posting this is for this next part (September 3rd, 2014, my god damn birthday) I woke up with police in my house. Apparently I had threatened my school via email (using my name on a email account which had my name in it, it's obviously not mine I said because I use Major Snake as my online Aliases for everything.) that I planted bombs throughout the school and was going to shoot it up during school hours later that day. It made the news on many channels and the school was shut down for the day. Anyways heres the important part.

A few days later the FBI got a search warrant and comprehended my pc that I've spent $1.5k on, 3 phones, an iPod and an xbox 360. They said I would get my items back 3-4 months later. [i found a document saying that they would only keep it for 2 weeks.] It's been 5 months now, I wouldn't be too surprised if I never get my items back but what will they do with it? They've had plenty of time to record all the info. Suing the federal government isn't really an option for me.

Well that sucks.

Sorry man

And that's why I think the Police, FBI, etc. in the USA are just a bunch of fucking morons without any good education.

Anybody can make an email adress with any name in it; what would have happened if somebody had named it [email protected]?

Yeah seriously the only thing they have is my name in an email haha.

There is a legal and common practice called civil forfeiture where police can literally steal your belongings and keep it with no evidence of wrongdoing or intent to do so, and there are no avenues to get them back. It's theft, sanctioned by the state and abused by law enforcement. We live in a police state, and we're all complacent with it until we're the ones who get fucked by the system.

In your case, your property can be held until the officer in charge of the investigation deems the items no longer needed for the investigation, at which point they should tell you in writing that the items are ready to be collected. You'll have a time frame to collect them, after which they will probably be sold at auction. Your best bet without consulting with legal council would be to inquire to the department in writing about the status of the investigation and when your items might be available. I wouldn't hold my breath, but it's your best shot. 

File a Freedom of Information Act request as to where the items are currently as the first step. As well as any documents related to your name and social security number that the FBI has on file.

Posted · Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, January 31, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, January 31, 2015 - No reason given

Reactions where you live: OMG VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES!!!!!1111111

On the plus side, you're on the news

Sorry man.

So, you're telling me the police did not check the school CCTVs and just went to your house? And why of all the students in the school, you were THAT guy who was chosen for that email.

Bullshit, that's why.

So, you're telling me the police did not check the school CCTVs and just went to your house? And why of all the students in the school, you were THAT guy who was chosen for that email.

Bullshit, that's why.

Because someones out to get me.

Man, 

fucking FBI & shit,

who the hell would hack you btw?

Your ex's?

Your enemies?

I feel your pain man.

Post this on reddit and you'll reach headlines.

Any maybe overthrow the FBI.

Sincerly, Sam.

Police interviewed the student, who was cooperative with authorities and claimed he did not send the email.

“Police officers have gone through his email and they haven’t found evidence that it came there, but.. some computer technicians will have to go through it at a later time to help determine where that email came from exactly,†Sgt. Tony Luce said.

The student gave police his phone and computer, and officers were looking into the possibility that the email account was hacked, or that someone else had access to it.

Man, 

fucking FBI & shit,

who the hell would hack you btw?

Your ex's?

Your enemies?

I feel your pain man.

Post this on reddit and you'll reach headlines.

Any maybe overthrow the FBI.

Sincerly, Sam.

I did post it in r/self, one guy offered me some computer parts but I declined.

Archived