Can people not read?

dedaccount

I am genuinely shocked at how many people can't read trade notes.

I repeatedly get horrible offers, trades for items i'm not selling, and just trades where I question my faith in humanity.

Welcome to TF2 Trading, what did you expect? There will always be people who don't listen/read notes or instructions no matter where you are.

Don't forget you're not just trading with english speaking people. Traders come from just about any country with internet access. Hell I've had to use google translate to get a few trades done XD.
That and no. Some don' to bother to read the notes at all.

Don't forget you're not just trading with english speaking people. Traders come from just about any country with internet access. Hell I've had to use google translate to get a few trades done XD.

If they can't translate simple: Send a trade offer \ Do not add me \ Pure only \ insert your notes here

I have a bad news for them. 1 language barrier is better than two.

If they can't translate simple: Send a trade offer \ Do not add me \ Pure only \ insert your notes here

I have a bad news for them. 1 language barrier is better than two.

language doesnt even matter, ive had people who typed in english sentences normally that still cant read notes

language doesnt even matter, ive had people who typed in english sentences normally that still cant read notes

Practically, this:

Some don' t bother to read the notes at all.

What's this thread about? I can't read, you know.

You should not be surprised. I got a 0.22 offer on an item I was selling for 7 ref once, the community is what it is.

TF2 is a f2p game which has populated it with children and teenagers, most of which have no idea of proper trading etiquette or simply don't care. Many people, including myself, have taken to requesting that no one add them to trade and simply stopped accepting random invites. That coupled with the backback.tf automatic have worked quite nicely for me, and at least one person I know has converted to that as well. As for the dumb offers, decline, ignore, and block (then post them on the forums).

Most of them either can't read english or just don't want to read trade notes.

Tried to sell a Strange Hunter Heavy for a key; in the notes it said:

"Strange Hunter Heavy - 1 Key"

Dude offers me 6 ref for it in a trade offer, I revert, take out the ref, and put in the key on the front of his inventory.

Response "Denied".

Deleted comment on my profile: "FUCK YOU SCAMMER ENJOY YOUR REPORT AND STEAM BAN!!!!"

Last I checked he was banned for scamming and I haven't gotten a Steam report nor am I marked as Suspicious on SteamRep...

it's the worst when someone doesn't comment on your OP trade despite your notes saying so and instead offers about 2 keys in items for your unusual...

Archived