People trying to bully prices out of you

Damien

I know I never post here. Long story short, I had a person come around trying to buy an item from me (Dirty Archimedes). Due to it's rarity, I decided on the price. I specifically said no adding, trade offers only. Yet I had someone add me anyway (typical) who then started demanding the price he wanted. I told him it's a free market and I can ask whatever I want for the item, and he suddenly threatens me with negative bp tf rep of some sort. Immediately after, I see I have a -1 "'trust" level.

Why are people allowed to get away with this, and how does that negatively impact things? People like this are making it difficult to even get a fair price for an item, let alone something of exclusivity and rarity. I never use bp tf's system for anything, but who are these people to try and bully a price out of you? It's ridiculous. How can you stop this?

But how do I see who's trying to do this? And where do you give positive or negative trust? I dont want people thinking i'm out here screwing around, I have over 6,000 hours in the game and over 5k trades. I've never run into this kind of situation, it's frustrating because I didn't do anything to anyone at all.

Oh wow, I didnt know it showed up. Yeah, he has a $10 backpack and was trying to bully a price. The chat he posted was exactly what I was talking about. I don't see a way to report him for this, where can I find it?

Ok, I found it. I had to log in to see the orange flag. Hopefully this guy get's the boot for doing this. I appreciate everyones help very much.

Don't fret, Their threats are empty and should they try to abuse the trust system like that they'll end up shooting themselves in the foot.

At the end of the day it's a free market. you set your own prices and other can choose if they are willing to pay it or not. No more no less.

It's like watching a zombie trapped in a dry well. he can moan as bloody much as he likes but so long as you don't stoop to his level you'll be fine.

Archived