Opinions on free to play games

DarkFyre

Free to play games are fine by me as long as the micro transactions dont give players too much of a lead against actual free to plays.

Really great if done right.

I'd say TF2 is the best exemple of how to do it.

Don't know if it'd be as profitable for other companies as it is for Valve, but it works for the players, and the biggest players will surely spend money on it.

Guess it is, seein as path of exile done it too.

For exemple, i prefer to spend 10 bucks in cosmetics i don't need rather then spend 10 bucks for upgrading my character.

in the case of PC games: they're usuaully pretty good

in case of mobile games: most are pretty bad (*cough* Clash of clans *cough cough*)

f2p games that have a paywall = bad

p2w games = get fucked

moba games = 1 map, no modes, rather eat a cockroach out of the garbage

mobile games = it must be nice to not have to do work at work

in the case of PC games: they're usuaully pretty good

in case of mobile games: most are pretty bad (*cough* Clash of clans *cough cough*)

Clash of Clans is not a bad game. It's not pay to win. I have 4 builders and I spent $0 on the game. You just have to be shitty enough to think it's Pay2Win

Thankfully, we have some pretty good free-to-play games these days (even if they require players to pay up once they cross a certain stipulated level/number of levels). Take TF2 for instance (Team Fortress 2 for the uninitiated) - one of the best examples of MMORPG games and free to play. Personally, I admit that I wouldn't have turned to gaming if I had to pay for my games! Isn't it that only the so-called 'hard-core, full-time' gamers actually pay for their games, or those who buy an xbox or say a ps3? My husband is one of those people, but not me. What's more, nowadays you get to see free games online for kids as well, such as these fun pet games which my daughter loves that are available for free. Hey, and I even discovered that a game like Candy Crush asks you to pay once you reach a certain stage?! I am stingy in that way; I stopped playing Candy Crush altogether once I reached there! ;)

However, my favorite games right now which are free-to-play include: League of Legends, Team Fortress 2 (the best), Need for Speed World and Path of Exile.

I will not play a game that requires me to pay after a certain level, World of Warcraft being an exception.

I will not play a game that wants me to play with other people who are in-game Gods because they stole mom's credit card or their parents spoil them.

I will not play a game that wants me to pay even though it's terrible.

I will play a game that is entirely infinite or damn near so without ever having to pay, like TF2.

I will pay a fun free game with micro-transactions that allow me to buy in-game cosmetics and non Overpowered weapons but isn't necessary, like TF2 and Loadout!.

TF2 is my ideal F2P Game. You provide free entertainment and people pretty much donate money because they feel they got cash to spend and this game is the perfect place to spend it.

Archived