The Virtual Machine thread

Tanner the Original Scout™

I wouldn't need to run Windows in a VM if I ran it as the host.

eh

makes sense

i've ran windows 95 under a windows 7 starter netbook

-ubuntusnip-

This is where I test my elite hax0rxz

I'm guessing you're a person w/ 64GB of RAM...

i played 12 fps mario kart double dash on my phone if that counts

well hell

what phone

well hell

what phone

Nexus 5, but you can do it on all Android phones (maybe iOS, I haven't checked). There is a mobile version of Dolphin but it runs terribly slowly, even on the new phones, and doesn't have frame skipping.

Nexus 5, but you can do it on all Android phones (maybe iOS, I haven't checked). There is a mobile version of Dolphin but it runs terribly slowly, even on the new phones, and doesn't have frame skipping.

I know there's an Android version of Dolphin. iOS isn't supported. I imagine the new Tegra chips or the new Qualcomm Snapdragon chips could hit the 30fps mark

I have a windows XP VM that I use to play old flash/shockwave games, since those plugins are really insecure and I don't want zero days or anything on my actual computer.

dnqqzm.png

BTW, spybotics is still a really fun turn-based cyberpunk strategy game.

I have a windows XP VM that I use to play old flash/shockwave games, since those plugins are really insecure and I don't want zero days or anything on my actual computer.

dnqqzm.png

BTW, spybotics is still a really fun turn-based cyberpunk strategy game.

I'm more concerned of your VM name than anything else...

I'm more concerned of your VM name than anything else...

I'm using Windows POSready2009, an embedded version of XP that still gets security updates. So the name is fitting, if a bit unimaginative.

Also I think people should appreciate my VM desktop backdrop. 4 full minutes in paint.NET

TÌ̵̒͂̇͠Í̭̥̜̘Í̗̰̳Ȟͨ̾ͪÌĮ̟̠͕̳̀ͅͅͅȆͤ̎̌Ì̷̸͙̎͛̎ ̼̫̲̦̜̯ͣ͒ͬ̇̃̄̉̃͢ÌRÌ̥̞̣͖͟O̗̖̭ͤ̑͛M̧͉͎̮̭̻̬̪̩ͥͨ̋ͤ͂ͪͩ͟N͈̣̼͚̓̽̉̕͟Í̮̗E̤̩͖̬̫̱ͤ̂ͤͫͪ̂ͪ̔͂Ỹ̧̃ͤ͒҉̯̠̗ ̵̣̪̖̓͗̇͢ͅS̈̀ͪÌÌ„Í͈̲̻͙͕̳̭͇I͛ͧ͋̔ͩͥ̈́̚҉̸̙͚̹ͅͅN̵̜̬͎̲̿͂̎ͣ͛ͪ͗̎Ģ̥̯̟͕͎̦̰̘̂̈̿̋ͫͅU͌̋Í̶̞͎̹̹̗ͩ̒̽̈L̢̘͈̼̱͕ͮ͑̎̋A̖̩̲ͥͤR̸̬̼͕̪̗̞̜̗̈́ͨ̀I̸̬̬̲̖ͥ͛͗̀̆͟͟Ṫ͇͇͈̉Ŷ̈́͗͂͒̽̊Í̵̖͚̲͔̣̣̙̜ Ìͫ̽̚ÌÍ̴̢̙͚zciggu.png

Archived