Should I try to appeal the denied appeal?

cranwell96

Appeal/No?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Yes/No?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If No: (read thread for choices)

• I voted yes.
    • 5a
    • 5b
    • 5c
  3. 3. Who would be considered a trading celebrity?

• People with money(ex. Bob)
    • People with items(ex. VoO)
    • General community moderators(ex. don't have one)
    • Trading community moderators(ex. all of OP, bp.tf, bazaar staff)
    • People whose integrity is constantly questioned(ex. Tieerd, Wayne)
    • Youtubers(ex. Strife)
    • Something Else?
    • Edit: It's all subjective and depends on the forums/servers the person frequents.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/talktohelenangel/discussions/3/616199736993263700/

I think I have a decent case against the "no concern for anyone in the trading community" statement since Helen hasn't touched the forums since my mark ( http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/user/1057-helenangel/) and doesn't see that I make an effort to help where I can.

I can't deny that the original trade with Honder was a lure.  I wanted to get rid of the tossle, and celebrated the fact that it was gone. The thread kinda became its own thing because I thought it was silly that people still wanted to trade with me after I was a boogeyman. After Honder, I did keep up a policy of not reporting people I sought out unless they admitted to doing the trade themselves. I can't tell anyone who the people are that I haven't reported, because that's as bad as reporting them.

But in the event I don't appeal/get denied again, I have a few ideas on how to move forward.

1. Quit and lose $20,000 that I worked up to from nothing, keeping the $10,000+ I cashed out before.

2.Don't quit and cash out through a shady buyer in  tf2.

3.Don't quit and cash out through legit cs:go lowballers.

4.Don't quit and start over in Tf2/something else.

5.Take on one of Helen's challenges:

a) Become a "trading celebrity", whatever that is.

b)Lure as many people as possible into trading with me, losing everything of value in the process.

c)Harm the trading community.

6.Reflect on life

-Not going to university because I want to cash out of a videogame first
-Being such a fucked up human being that you get banned from a feature of a videogame
-Being such a fucked up human being that you have difficulty sleeping because your mind thinks of the two facts above

7.Hang around the forums do the exact same thing I've done the last 4 months and accomplish nothing.

Since I'm such a terrible heartless person who makes threads about themselves, pick a low value item from my backpack(under a bills of course). You may or may not get a trade offer receiving it(depending on how committed I get to this idea). And don't forget to notice the lvl'ed vintages, series #3 strangifiers, and a few keys in bazaar.tf's next raffle.

Edit: pg34 and beyond is mostly stuff I want to keep, you probably won't get that.

tl;dr: Outpost appeal denied. Do I stay or do I go?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd personally say to move to CS:GO. They don't track anyone there hence why SR banned users usually flock over there (*cough* Riruka *cough*).

I'd personally say to move to CS:GO. They don't track anyone there hence why SR banned users usually flock over there (*cough* Riruka *cough*).

I thought already marked people would have trouble there. Wouldn't I have to make a new alt for that.

I thought already marked people would have trouble there. Wouldn't I have to make a new alt for that.

Not necessarily. I can tell you already you'd have more luck there then trying to appeal the ban or finding a shady TF2 buyer.

You're essentially not getting unmarked if a tf2op admin has declined your appeal for the tag.

I'd just cash out through any possible way.

• Administrators

Yes, already marked people do have a trouble there. In fact, on csgolounge and dota2lounge it is mentioned...

Scamming of any kind is not tolerated. If you are caught trying to scam, or are a known scammer, you will be banned. (We've implemented a link to steamrep on every user's profile).

I don't understand Helen's challenges. She wants you to break the rules?

She likes to exaggerate, like the tossle incident leading to:

2. Abusing Steam Marketplace in order to "launder" items by marked scammers to attempt to avoid being caught doing aforementioned trades with scammers.

Basically it means doing whatever it takes to prove that she was right all along.

• Administrators

-snip-

I also have to agree on a point Helen pointed out, you lured/lure in people just so that you can report them or make fun of them. If you had any intention to appeal you shouldn't have done that at the first place.

I also have to agree on a point Helen pointed out, you lured/lure in people just so that you can report them or make fun of them. If you had any intention to appeal you shouldn't have done that at the first place.

You might be right. I found two lures total and two that I can't remember whether they were lures or not. In my defense, I was never given the "Life after an SR mark" guide.

Don't appeal. It's not going to be worth your time because you'll stay banned.

I voted 7 but that's because what I wanted to vote wasn't possible.

Cash out all your items through any way possible (that don't get you trade banned) you already have a mark so who cares? and stay on the forums because I like you.

I'm living proof you don't need to trade in tf2 to be on here

• Administrators

Not worth it. SteamRep is total shit, they won't unban you.

That is not true, I have seen many appeals go through and successfully appealed their mark on SR. Most of the time they reduce their mark to Caution but I have seen some cases where they completely removed the mark of an user.

Cranwell showed no improvement whatsoever, he abused his mark to harm the community even more by luring in potential victims so that he can get them banned/marked. Its an action no SR marked people should do if they have any intention of appealing their mark.

My suggestion for Cranwell is to move on for now. Keep the $10,000 and move on.

You can of course appeal again in the future.

Trade items to an alt, sell on SCM, buy keys, sell for paypal. It'd take months before your appeal would even be considered.

Do this.

I like you cranwell, I hope that you can cash out or move to csgo

Sell everything you can

Really though, you should do some research on the people you're trading with. If it happened twice, maybe, but five times? Should have been more careful

Cranwell showed no improvement whatsoever, in fact he abused his mark to harm the community even more by luring in potential victims so that he can get them banned/marked. Its an action no SR marked people should do if they have any intention of appealing their mark.

Your choices once marked are:

-Trade with unmarked people, possibly harming them if others find out. I personally would have liked quicker feedback when I did something wrong. 

-Trade with other marked people. Either there's no consequence or now both people have no hope of appealing. I'm optimistic, so I did do trades with other marked people.

-Never trade again and take a several month break.

Since trading with unmarked people is as bad as scamming, why do they(the victims) still get bans/marks?

Don't even bother with Helen's salty ass. Once again, I would support you but you did trade with 5 scammers. You let your guard down. You paid the price for not double-checking.

Sell everything you can't

Really though, you should do some research on the people you're trading with. If it happened twice, maybe, but five times? Should have been more careful

I generally kept checks to 20+ buds(because under 10 was "low value" to me) or if someone added me just to make me offer on their item, since those were the fishiest. 

trade1) My first encounter with a scammer. I should have done more research before entering unusual trading.

2)So many 3rd gens were being unboxed, I just assumed anyone who had one had no trading experience.

3)I thought scammers were pure evil and didn't haggle and only quicksold.

4)I thought scammers were pure evil and would never buy unusuals with promos.

5)The only one I should have seen coming, a shame I didn't learn about it until a week ago.

I read Helen's response to your appeal. If she really cared about the community she wouldn't leave because she's crying over a few people being mean to her, and she would actually try to help the community instead of making it take 6+ months to mark a scammer (plenty of time to scam a lot more poor people). I feel like she isn't ready to be a community admin in the slightest, and should give up her position until she can take threats as a grain of salt, or at least not cry over criticism and call it attacking her (she is ruining a lot of people's trading careers, scammers or not).

Archived