How to suggest a price on something

BITOVORE

Thank you for reading my suggestion i hope you read it all and excuse my bad english because i think it's an important matter

So we all know buds went crazily down almost under 10 keys which is like THE END OF THE LINE because if they are like 8 or something most tf2 enthusiastic with decent bp ( some unusuals etc ) will cash out and might even quit playing it as well .

1)So what might cause the ''end'' of tf2 might be a market crash 

2)What will cause it ? you will hear some people telling you it's the price of keys and ref and that's complete bullshit .It's might be just harder for newer player to build wealth nothing else .

Only a buds drop can cause it 

3)So who wants the buds to drop and go under 10 keys ?

Go to the buds voting page and check out who wanted the buds to go down ,check their accont bp and value .

4)What do you see ?

You will see a general backpack value ALWAYS between 35 $ and 80$

So the people trying to get the price down can't really afford and mostly never had an item worth a couple buds

This is for me ,even with the like 8 '' proofs '' they show an obvious spam of price manipulation and the only goal is not to have a good representation of the price of the item or to have good tf2 economy THE ONLY GOAL OF THESE SUGGESTION IS TO DESTROY THE UNUSUAL MARKET SO THEY CAN BUY SOME FOR THEMSELVES .Their is no way around it, it is true.

5)So what can bp.tf do to counter these manipulation ?

The answer is hard but simple there has to be a value under which you can't suggest on buds price and most important VOTE on buds price for example 3/4 buds (this value will be chosed by bp.tf admis of course this is just an example.)

That way only people who actually use that currency and will suffer any price manipulation on it will be able to vote on it .

You can't disagree with the fact that somebody who start tf2 and with a cheap bp will just want to have few of the valuable hats and will not give a shit about the economy as he will soon stop playing .

I believe even with what everyone says that tf2 has a future and it's because of the people who love it for years and want to keep playing it for years ,For fun (and-or) in a competitive way. This suggestion was made to avoid a lot of them including myself to lose interest in it and to give up on it(which might definetly kill it )

If you made it that far thank you for reading again

1)So what might cause the ''end'' of tf2 might be a market crash 

Valve is the only reason which can cause a crash, what will make tf2 crash is if the game becomes unpopular and no one will invest money into it.

2)What will cause it ? 

-​Valve screwin up badly

-A better game which supersedes tf2

3)So who wants the buds to drop and go under 10 keys ?

No one cares, it will drop because if it's market value and and unusual traders would just look for a new currency or use keys. Players who cant be bother to put money into the game and expect free money will be happy that they drop but still wont get one.

4)What do you see ?

Backpack value doesnt matter, the person who suggests can't make up proof nor can he/she control the market. Any manipulation is easily found and mods dont just look at the proof shown they also take into account their own experience with the item as well as some research of their own.

5)So what can bp.tf do to counter these manipulation ?

You can't manipulate a currency suggestion, unless you have the power and time to fabricate a few hundred links proof and control the market to your free will good luck.

Fixed that for you

You seem to have gotten the idea that backpack.tf has any actual power in making up prices, we dont make prices we reflect the market. Proof needs to be pre-existing to be used in a suggestion. 

I am happy to see someone who cares about tf2 and the economy i would suggest looking up some ground facts as to how bp.tf works, how an economy works and how prices are dictated (Supply/demand)

Edit: Adding this in

✖         Upvotes =/= Accepted price

Upvotes doesn't necessarily mean it is the correct price. Some votes will occur based upon what prices traders want and not the proof presented. The mods on bp.tf have the final say after looking at the proof given, along with comments and counterproof in the suggestion.

An example: If you open a suggestion with no proof lowering keys, upvotes will still occur since users want keys to be cheaper.

Did you know that TF2 is a videogame that you can play in which you can do something other than trade hats?

Also Derpeh nailed it.

Did you know that TF2 is a videogame that you can play in which you can do something other than trade hats?

Also Derpeh nailed it.

yeah but if the market die and you lose hundreds of $ on it you might think of quitting

Archived