What will be the reason Buds will go back up?

DarkFyre

Buds have been going down because of a 2 main reasons:

• Community Market
  • Updates (halloween, EOTL, etc)

After all the annual updates have stopped releasing in ~january they will go back up again, they always have.

Buds have been going down because of a 2 main reasons:

• Community Market
  • Updates (halloween, EOTL, etc)
After all the annual updates have stopped releasing in ~january they will go back up again, they always have.
Ah, I haven't been trading for a year yet, so seeing this is really odd.

Buds might go up because blah blah unusual demand or someone tries to profit from a bunch of cheap buds they bought

Who knows. Gut feeling is that SCM will keep them lower than "before", since I doubt prices will jump to ~18 keys both in reg trading and over SCM. If prices between the two aren't fairly close, people would take notice and arbitrage until that pricing difference likely faded away.

Not even sure if 10 keys is the floor for buds. Could probably find sellers below that until the event is close to over. If they rebound, I wouldn't assume anything past 13-14 keys and probably a slower rebound due to SCM gradually sliding up bud prices

After christmas kids will want buds with christmas money. Buds will have higher demand.

Also halloween is what killed the buds, unbox hype.

- Exactly

Some guy actually offered my pure B/O on an unusual. He said he'd have the buds by the 25th.

Buds will go up because of the greedy admins of backpack.tf just like how everything else that is wrong with the economy is their fault too

Illuminati confirmed

No but seriously, I'm not really sure they'll recover all that much once Christmas is over.  I'm sure that they'll go up a bit, but due to them now being marketable, I don't think we'll ever see them return to the old days of being 20+ keys again, and they may just gradually decline like bill's hats.

They'll go up. Nobody in their right mind wants to count out 200+ keys in a trade window, and nothing else is suitable to take the place of a multi-key currency for mid- to high-tier unusuals.

Max Heads could certainly fill that gap. If they had never been duped, the supply might be too low, but they would probably function fine as is.

82,000 buds compared to 10,000 maxes. I strongly doubt that'll happen, and it certainly wouldn't be received well. For years, earbuds for unusuals and vice versa has been a trading standard; it's not likely to change just because buds are taking their seasonal dip harder this year from the steam market. Buds haven't even hit their historical all time low yet.

I don't know if those stats take dupes into account, but still Max's could work fine. 40 keys to a Max (as an example, could be whatever amount), unusuals under that would be keys only or seller adds keys if you use a Max (40 keys shouldn't be a big deal for someone to fit in their BP), and everything above could be Max Heads + Keys.

They don't take dupes into account.

http://stats.tf/faq

I did not think so, but ty. Should mean that there are more Maxs and Buds out there, not too worried about quantity unless Max head took a massive drop to be the new Bud replacement

Possibly.  Too early to say.  But it would make sense if people are just now starting to get gift cards and christmas money.  By the way, look how some lucky guy got a pair of buds for 2.32 usd.  Even if we assume that the buds were gifted and duped, that's still a hell of a good deal.

Archived