Which item should be the next denomination if buds will never rise?

Balaclavex

Next key denominator  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like?

• Horace
    • B.M.O.C

Right now, our economy for buds is dying but not the entire economy itself. Yes sure it will rise but would it this time? Unless Valve makes another refined-melting event that actually uses metal for goodie loots then we'd need another item to denominate keys. So there I made a poll for the following items hoping that if buds will never rise(if ever) we could use these other items as the next new "buds"

The purpose is to make sure in case buds fail forever and probably wont be in demand anymore like poor little Bills(now going down-er), we'd have another right where we can start over.

Why not? They're both all class hats.

Because you cant really decide what gets used as a currency. Even if the backpack.tf community collaborated on accepting a new currency (which is practically impossible), it's highly unlikely the rest of the trading community will recognize it. Plus, we cannot enforce the use of a new currency since that would just be price manipulation. Should buds do end up dying off, we'll have to see what the trading community decides on and follow in their footsteps.

I know nothing but key. Key is the most stable currency in tf2. Nothing can change key except valve

I do agree, it's the only currency item that Valve actually sells compared to buds which were just player-decided-to-be-currecncy-denominator. Unless they change the price of key in the Store, I don't know what happens but I'm curious about the fate of buds this year.

The price of unusual should be in pure keys. But not calculating with actual price of buds (that is not real with unusual prices). I think the machine should make the average of buds price (for example of last 2 years), and then change the price of all unsual to pure keys. Once this is done, then the suggestion of unusual prices should be disabled for a month (to make a more accurate transition). After this, people could make suggestion of unusual prices as always (to raise and lower prices according to reality) , but now only in pure keys.

The price of unusual should be in pure keys. But not calculating with actual price of buds (that is not real with unusual prices). I think the machine should make the average of buds price (for example of last 2 years), and then change the price of all unsual to pure keys. Once this is done, then the suggestion of unusual prices should be disabled for a month (to make a more accurate transition). After this, people could make suggestion of unusual prices as always (to raise and lower prices according to reality) , but now only in pure keys.

All I can say is that wow. That is a brilliant idea. U should submit this to bp.tf mods

The next currency should be magical fairy dust made from the hopes and dreams and wishes of the pure and innocent.  Crafting with it will make all your dreams come true and the economy will sparkle and shoot joyous rainbows into our hearts.

And those icky rich people with all their keys will cry bitter tears and shrivel up and die festering in their horrible rotten greed.  Praise be unto the Valve.  Forever and ever, Gaben.

It's not that a new "denomination" should be used, because buds were special in their own right, rare, commonly traded and unobtainable, the status they held made them be horded, traded and generally accepted.

No other cosmetic is going to get this status. Just because it's "all class", doesn't mean it should be currency. If so, let's make a unique modest currency, or a KE.

No.

Keys honestly, as said above, should be used. They're the most stable at the moment, accepted, and commonly traded. Most people nowadays don't want buds, and ask you to sell them for keys.

So.

The price of unusual should be in pure keys. But not calculating with actual price of buds (that is not real with unusual prices). I think the machine should make the average of buds price (for example of last 2 years), and then change the price of all unsual to pure keys. Once this is done, then the suggestion of unusual prices should be disabled for a month (to make a more accurate transition). After this, people could make suggestion of unusual prices as always (to raise and lower prices according to reality) , but now only in pure keys.

Hits right on the point. I'm not about averaging out buds, because that's NOT their price, but instead reprice everything in keys.

Just my opinion on the matter, being a long time unusual trader.

Hits right on the point. I'm not about averaging out buds, because that's NOT their price, but instead reprice everything in keys.

Maybe the actual price of buds is good to reprice (and not need make average), but be in mind that is possible that price of buds could drops to 4 or 5 keys (who knows...).

Its scary to think what would happen if buds never stopped dropping and keys never stopped going up. If keys continue to go up at the rate they are, people that usually dont spend money on the game are going to have to put months in of trying to make profit from hats to just earn 1 key. I dont think all that time is worth $2.50. Right now its just extremely unbalanced.

Its scary to think what would happen if buds never stopped dropping and keys never stopped going up. If keys continue to go up at the rate they are, people that usually dont spend money on the game are going to have to put months in of trying to make profit from hats to just earn 1 key. I dont think all that time is worth $2.50. Right now its just extremely unbalanced.

These days it's way easier to get keys by selling stuff on the community market.  Realistically, the only barrier is the 200 sales per year limit, and that only applies to the U.S. and only if you don't want to provide certain personal details.  Trading metal for keys is kind of antiquated.  This is also why some people say the game is dying - because they see less trading in-game.  The fact is that a lot of trading now takes place on the community market.

Neither. This isn't something we're going to change with a vote. The community will just switch to another item over time. ToD tickets have already become a currency unit between keys and refined. Popular enough item that sees constant use (That use giving you a chance to earn something very valuable) and sold in the store. Same as keys. Plenty of traders accept it.

Give it time. It'll either bounce back or be replaced.

Archived