Rebirth Pooped

Mr.Mem

WARNING: POSSIBLE BINDING OF ISAAC: REBIRTH SPOILERS AHEAD

About four hours ago, I asked a question why I didn't unlock the Lost when I did the correct sequence. Now, when I tried to play Rebirth, my data save was gone. I did nothing to edit the files and I have no mods. In fact, I've never even opened up the folder with Rebirth in it. The only thing I did between asking the question about the Lost and starting up Rebirth again was playing TF2. If anyone could help, I'd be eternally grateful, as I have gotten pretty far in the game. Thank you.

Which save slot do you happen to be playing in?

It's been said that saves from Slots 2 and 3 sometimes get erased.

So if you can, try to play in Slot 1.

From one of the Updates:

If you had already unlocked a lot of Steam achievements and don't have them in your local save file anymore, you can restore them by pressing ALT + F2 (or just F2 for Mac/Linux players) on the Stats menu page.

I'm guessing this Syncs your Save file with your Steam Achievements and you will be back to where you were. I'm not sure how effective it is but its better than restarting all over again right?

Which save slot do you happen to be playing in?

It's been said that saves from Slots 2 and 3 sometimes get erased.

So if you can, try to play in Slot 1.

To clarify about this: Slot 3's file will be erased if you exit the game before choosing a file to load. This has been a known bug for seemingly a while now. No idea if anything exists for Slot 2.

Archived