Rebirth Unlockable Character Question

Mr.Mem

WARNING: BINDING OF ISAAC: REBIRTH SPOILERS AHEAD!

I just tried unlocking the Lost, and I did it just as people said, but I didn't unlock him. I used seeds to die with Isaac from the Mullebooms in the Basement, die with Maggie with her bombs in the Caves, and die with Judas from Mom's foot. I did NOT use seeds to die with Azazel though. Did they patch it recently so that you can't use seeds with the first few characters, because they did that with challenges, or did I not do something right?

What aren't you allowed to do when unlocking the Lost?

Have to die second phase to satans feet. Gotta redo the whole thing lol

Actually you have to die not during the feet phase but when he's shooting brimstone and red tears everywhere.

Did you ever accidentally die anywhere in between the correct deaths?

I heard you have to die by Satan's tears and NOT the brimstone.

Death by tears is how I unlocked The Lost.

I died to Satan's blood shots and I got the lost

Its probably that

Damn. So did you both use seeds for the first characters' deaths?

FYI you can't use seeds for an unlock, as far as I'm aware.

You can use seeds to unlock the lost until your Azazel then you need to do a normal run

You can use seeds to unlock the lost until your Azazel then you need to do a normal run

^This. Its fine to use seeds up until Azazel. Use some of this stuff I found to make things easier:

-NRPPS8JW (Hard Mode): Mullibooms for Isaac will spawn 2 rooms to the right of the starting area. Hurt yourself using the curse room's door until you are at 1/2 heart, then go to the mulliboom room.
-PC8EVHFD (Hard Mode): This seed will give you a certain combo of items that will help with Maggy and Judas requirements:
  • Technology 2 + Ipecac in the item rooms in the Cellar.
  • The room to the bottom-right of the starting room in Cellar 2 gives you a burnt penny (for bombs for Maggy. The secret room on this floor can be found by going to the room under the big room and blowing up the wall on the left. 9 coins will be here [and that means more bombs]. The boss's drop will also give you many coins for bombs.)
  • Caves 1's item shop will have Pay to Play.
  • Everything past this point doesn't matter, as you are already powerful enough. Just complete the objectives.
-You can't use a seed for Azazel, as it will block the achievement.

Are you guys sure you can unlock The Lost after the recent patch when using seeds?

I managed to unlock him just last night, but didn't use any, so I can't say either way. Has anyone actually verified that using seeds works since the last patch?

Actually you have to die not during the feet phase but when he's shooting brimstone and red tears everywhere.

Did you ever accidentally die anywhere in between the correct deaths?

Also, it has been proven that dying to the feet works fine, you can find the confirmation in the wiki.

Are you guys sure you can unlock The Lost after the recent patch when using seeds?

I managed to unlock him just last night, but didn't use any, so I can't say either way. Has anyone actually verified that using seeds works since the last patch?

Northernlion (A well known Isaac Youtuber)  Unlocked him during a Stream while on the latest version

So yeah its still possible

Also what the Patch meant was that there was a bug where you could use a seed and still get Achievements from it

Northernlion (A well known Isaac Youtuber)  Unlocked him during a Stream while on the latest version

So yeah its still possible

Also what the Patch meant was that there was a bug where you could use a seed and still get Achievements from it

Ah ok, I wasn't aware that he had done it on the most recent version, since I've heard he tends to pre-record his videos.

Good to know.

Archived