Headphone Choosing D:

DIEgo

Hey there, I got a problem choosing between 2 headphones that I've been looking but im open to more choices if you guys think there are better ones!

The thing I listen the most is metal, but I also enjoy listening to dubstep so bass is something I need with my headphones.

These are the 2 Im looking to buy but if you have a recomendation please let me know!

Adding the name just in case you don't trust links!

Sennheiser Urbanite XL http://en-us.sennheiser.com/urbanite-xl

AKG K545 Orange http://eu.akg.com/akg-product-detail_eu/akg-545-orange.html

Let me know what you think!

And prices? my limit would be around 300 dollars

Edit1: PLEASEEE, enough with the "HURR DURR WHY WASTE SOO MUCH, GET 50 DOLLAR HEADPHONES THEY AR GUD TOO!" comments, If you don't know about what Im looking for, go back to your own stuff cuz I just can't be less interested in your comments.

Edit2: And I never said I NEED to spend the 300 dollars, prove to me that a 50ish headphone sounds as good or better than a 300 dollars one and I'll check them out!

I have atm the Sony MDR-1r, cost me about 120 dollars, then my brother got me some Sennheiser buds cuz I was going to travel, the first time I used them I could not believe how good they were, the sound was even better than my headphones! and the price was 65 bucks (I broke them by accident D:) so now I want recomendations, Ill try every single one of them (If possible) and let you know what I think!

head-fi.org 

How good are your ears? Serious question, because dropping the coin on a pair of HD650s or high end Grados, Beyers, whatever, might not be worth it if your ears can't, or can only BARELY perceive the difference.

Note: I own HD650s (And Shure SE530s and a few high end headphone amps, an iMod, some Martin Logans and some other stuff)

Most used headphones: $50 bluetooth headphones I got on Amazon for the gym

Get the one that's $50.

oh wait you're spending an atrocious amount on earphones

get either, stupid decision either way

Not sure how to answer that question but for example, I have atm the Sony MDR-1r, been using them for exactly a year now and loved them, until i tested the newer ones that IMO had way better sound and now I feel like mines sound like crap.

Get the one that's $50.

oh wait you're spending an atrocious amount on earphones

get either, stupid decision either way

You either don't give a signle fuck about headphones or you never had good ones. I used to had Urban ears headphones, after like 5 years of listening with cheap 10 bucks earphones they felt like listening the band right there, a year later I saw a pair of sony headphones that looked awesome so I tested them, I could not believe how good the sound was and how comfortable they were and now instead of wasting like 100 bucks a month on shitty earphones that break in a minute I pay a good ammount for headphones that don't sound like crap, that I can use for 10 hours nonstop and my ears don't bleed and as a bonus I can ignore people when I don't want to listen to them :)

You either don't give a signle fuck about headphones or you never had good ones. I used to had Urban ears headphones, after like 5 years of listening with cheap 10 bucks earphones they felt like listening the band right there, a year later I saw a pair of sony headphones that looked awesome so I tested them, I could not believe how good the sound was and how comfortable they were and now instead of wasting like 100 bucks a month on shitty earphones that break in a minute I pay a good ammount for headphones that don't sound like crap, that I can use for 10 hours nonstop and my ears don't bleed and as a bonus I can ignore people when I don't want to listen to them :)

You do not need $250 headphones. Like, it's not even an opinion. You really don't. Now, shitty $20 ones will break soon they're designed that way but a few months back I had the £40 turtle beaches (like $60 in america I think) and they were absolutely fine. No headaches, sound was fine. You don't waste 100$ a month on new headphones lol you obviously ain't taking care of them, the fault there lies in you.

You do not need $250 headphones. Like, it's not even an opinion. You really don't. Now, shitty $20 ones will break soon they're designed that way but a few months back I had the £40 turtle beaches (like $60 in america I think) and they were absolutely fine. No headaches, sound was fine. You don't waste 100$ a month on new headphones lol you obviously ain't taking care of them, the fault there lies in you.

The 100 buck thing was an OBVIOUS exageration (aparently you didn't get it) and It's true, I do not NEED 250 headphones. Same as people who don't need shoes worth hundreds, there are shoes worth 50 buck and they do the same shit, or Iphones worth 1000, you could buy a 30 buck nokia, those can call too right? or a 2k computer, get a netbook, you can do the same shit (but it takes you about 10000 times more time).

The point is, If you never had it do not comment about it. There's a reason why they cost that much, quality and resistance in something you use every day is worth paying more. Just look at people in this game spending thousands on items they might loose or get scammed for. They like them and its their money, if you don't give a fuck about headphones, don't give it! But get your facts right before commenting on something you have no idea about.

If you're going to buy expensive headphones, I wouldn't recommend just buying something over the internet because people said it was good. At that point you probably want to go to a store with your models in mind, and physically test out the headphones on a couple songs, comparing them with each other to see which ones you like the best. In addition, I'd also test some cheaper headphones, just to make sure the $300 dollar headphones actually DO sound better than the $200 ones.

If you're going to buy expensive headphones, I wouldn't recommend just buying something over the internet because people said it was good. At that point you probably want to go to a store with your models in mind, and physically test out the headphones on a couple songs, comparing them with each other to see which ones you like the best. In addition, I'd also test some cheaper headphones, just to make sure the $300 dollar headphones actually DO sound better than the $200 ones.

First of all, thanks for the comment with actual FACTS, and second, thats why I made the post. I wanted to see If anyone have ever used these, or have experience with expensive headphones or and headphones at all and might share the same taste of music as I do and could recomend me something. There is no way in hell I'd waste 300 dollars in Headphones I haven't even tried. All I wanted was to see other people's opinion about those models cuz I know the brands and how good they are, but there are lots of good brands I might not know and maybe there's a headphone that sound better than these and are on my budget, but till now all I'v had are 2 guys bitching about how much Im able to spend on them.

And btw, I posted the links so people could see the specs of each headphone.

Get some Beats Kappa  :D  ;)

Lel, 2 of my friends bought beats and I don't think the sound is THAT good for that fucking price, and I hate on ear headphones.

But beatz are expunzive cuz they ar gud! not cuz of the brand name! stoopid people...

Sennheisers or Bose are the way to go as far as expensive headphones go. I use Bose QC15 and they sound amazing, I've heard Sennheisers are slightly better though

Sennheisers or Bose are the way to go as far as expensive headphones go. I use Bose QC15 and they sound amazing, I've heard Sennheisers are slightly better though

Sony are the best imo. Pioneer are good too.

Sony are the best imo.

Sony is good for midrange prices. IMO, beats suck at any range, too much bass, only good for certain kinds of music

I tested a pair of bose, the aislation ( srry if its not the word my english isnt the greatest).is just amazing but the price is a bit too high for me.

I tested a pair of bose, the aislation ( srry if its not the word my english isnt the greatest).is just amazing but the price is a bit too high for me.

Get a refurbished pair of QC15. You won't be sorry and it's basically the same as new

nah i use them normally (the ones without a mic)

Ah, was asking cuz my friend bought one recently and only had usb conector, still I think that they are made for game sounds more than anything. Anyways apreciate the suggestion.

I'm not reading through the last two pages, so, if you've already discredited any of these, well....link me to why (or just repeat yourself :)

ATH M50x, AKG701, Sennhseiser HD598/600/650, DT770/880/990. 

The m50x/DT770/DT990 have the pronounced base while the Sennhesiers, AKG701, and DT880s are more equal across the board. 

Of note, all but the M50x/DT770 are open headphones, and as such provide no isolation and if you crank the volume high enough people around you will clearly hear what you're playing. 

I'm not reading through the last two pages, so, if you've already discredited any of these, well....link me to why (or just repeat yourself :))

ATH M50x, AKG701, Sennhseiser HD598/600/650, DT770/880/990.

The m50x/DT770/DT990 have the prono unces base while the Sennhesiers, AKG701, and DT880s are more equal across the board.

Of note, all but the M50x/DT770 are open headphones, and as suche provide no isolation and if you crank the volume high enough people around you will clearly hear what you're playing.

First of all, thanks for the detailed comment.

Now, isolation for me is a must, as one of the reasons why I buy headphones is to not hear the people around me, so open headphones are out of the list, about the other 2, the dt770 are just too big for me, but the m50x looks good so I'll deffinetly try them if i have the chance.

Thanks alot for the comment!

Archived