Vote calling causes crashes?

LittleSirPepper

Hey, :/

I was playing TF2 a few minutes ago, and some guy voted to kick me from the game because I was "hacking". I was just doing the high five tauntwalk, and the vote succeeds, and I crash. Instead of taking me back to the main menu of the game, the whole screen turned black. Until now, it's still black, but my laptop is on. What am I supposed to do?

I was playing TF2 a few minutes ago, and some guy voted to kick me from the game because I was "hacking". I was just doing the high five tauntwalk, and the vote succeeds, and I crash. Instead of taking me back to the main menu of the game, the whole screen turned black. Until now, it's still black, but my laptop is on. What am I supposed to do?

Same to me,all you have to do is better disconnect when u got votekicked

How? My whole screen is black and I don't have a cursor or anything. It's not turned off, and I'm panicking right now.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

How? My whole screen is black and I don't have a cursor or anything. It's not turned off, and I'm panicking right now.

Hit these keys on your keyboard in the correct order: "Control + Alt + delete" This should give you the option to open task manager. From there you can right click on TF2 and force close it. 

Oh okay, thanks guys. It worked. :)

But does voting someone to get kicked because of "Hacking" actually supposed to mess up your unit?

But does voting someone to get kicked because of "Hacking" actually supposed to mess up your unit?

I would assume not. That would be silly.

Oh okay, thanks guys. It worked. :)

No, it's a bug with this version of the Source engine. It happens in Garry's Mod, too. Being kicked from a server has a slight chance of just turning your game black.

I can't reproduce the error consistently so I personally have no idea why it happens. 

Archived