Should Valve add Tod crafting option?

Xx_MadSnipez_xX

Should valve add the option to craft tour of duty tickets for 4 ref  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Should they

• yes
    • nope.avi

I saw a tread on steam that said that being able to craft TOD for 4 ref would save the economy. I think it would make Valvo loose money but it would save the economy. It would solidify the economy at 8.66 ref per key because of the automatic .25 cent ref

Because valve would totally be fine with shooting itself in the foot multiple times after killing scm.

1) economy is perfectly fine

2) valve makes too much money to give a shit

3) why do people expect to make easy money from playing a free game? 

It is in deep shit

Please explain how it is in deep shit?

If you're going to say "keys so expensive", no if anything its a indication that economy is doing well, keys going up means more and more people can afford keys and hence bid up the price. Also keys via Paypal are steadily going up if the economy was bad it should be the other way around

and while you are at it make a chem set to fabricate keys with hats and ref.

nope.avi

if valve makes keys free like ref then its safe to assume the game is dead along with the trades.

the economy is not dying

please no more

jumping off a roof cya

Tf2 economy is not dying is true but the tf2 currency is dying. Crazy drop of earbuds and insane key price show that a new currency is needed

• Administrators

Tf2 economy is not dying is true but the tf2 currency is dying. Crazy drop of earbuds and insane key price show that a new currency is needed

Buds tend to drop around this time of every year. You can look at the graph if you want. However, it might not spike back up to 20 keys by beginning of new year or anytime soon. It will go back up though, most likely, not sure how high.

As for keys, prices of keys has always been the same that is, $2.49 in store. It has also been the same on paypal or real world currency transaction for the past year or so which is $1.80 - $1.90 the only way key is rising is in refined metal and that is because refined metal does not have demand compared to keys. If and when there are is potential demand for ref, keys always go down (See the most recent Bread Box where keys dropped to as low as 7.00 ref). Keys are universal currency in the whole steam community, therefore the most demand.

The rapid rise of keys is proportional to the drop of buds.  If buds stayed at the same value of keys while keys rose, the value of buds would raise insanely as well.  In terms of cash, yes, then buds are losing value, but bp.tf does not value anything by their money value other than refined metal.  Buds are not losing value.

• Administrators

I saw a tread on steam that said that being able to craft TOD for 4 ref would save the economy. I think it would make Valvo loose money but it would save the economy. It would solidify the economy at 8.66 ref per key because of the automatic .25 cent ref

That is one of the worst idea someone ever came up with and I think I know what guide you are talking about, I don't know what was going on in his mind during the time he wrote the guide but he is very much wrong and those who believe this is as well. 

Tour Of Duty Ticket is another great source of income from Tf2 for Valve beside Keys. If they make Tour Of Duty Ticket craftable, not only will Valve loose money, TOD tickets will be very low and the items you get from Tours will be incredibly low as well. Nobody wants that.

Therefore, there is no logic behind that, it will not do anything beneficial at all.

They'll never implement something like this.

Although after the Gems recently, I wouldn't be surprised to see them add in a new way to use Ref soon. What would that be? Not sure, but ToD/Key crafting is certainly out of the question.

The rapid rise of keys is proportional to the drop of buds.  If buds stayed at the same value of keys while keys rose, the value of buds would raise insanely as well.  In terms of cash, yes, then buds are losing value, but bp.tf does not value anything by their money value other than refined metal.  Buds are not losing value.

Buds are only not losing value if you value them in Ref (Possibly. I'd have to actually do the math, they may still be falling considering how fast they're dropping). But who prices Buds in Ref? No one, because no one cares in the slightest about how much Ref you can get for a bud.

You can admit that Buds are dropping. We won't laugh at you for not wanting it to happen.

Archived