Is Cs:Go Worth buying? (Counter Strike global offensive)

Winter Scout

So recently my friend got a free copy of Cs:Go and I've been wondering if I should Buy they game as well. I'm not sure If I should buy it, If I'm just going to let if sit in my games library to die. I would like some opinions on it. If you could please tell me why I should Buy it and If I am going to want to keep playing it. 

EDIT: Thank you all for your opinions and suggestions. I might go pick up a copy of it ^.^

If you're a fan of CoD, I'd already recommend it. If you have good reflexes and are willing to spend the first 20 hours playing the game totally frustrated and annoyed at people... sure.

If you're a fan of CoD, I'd already recommend it. If you have good reflexes and are willing to spend the first 20 hours playing the game totally frustrated and annoyed at people... sure.

If youre a fan of cod, its kinda the opposite. 

It isnt anywhere near the same. 

If you liked the previous counter strike games, its the same thing but newer engine + skins

I recommend owning. If you like shooters

I was in the same boat as you too man, I was first skeptical about buying the game because I thought it was something like CoD, but I was completely wrong. I decided to buy it and try some casual and it is insanely fun, especially with a group of buddies.

But overall, If you like shooters in general, I'd say go for it. It's totally worth your money :3 

Look... I bought this game and its really fun for me. Its not really like a COD game but it has the same idea. You cant use your iron site, or add scopes or extended ammo but you can buy skin which let you change the look of your weapon. This game is fun and very very competitive. I would buy it on sale (I bought my copy for 3.74 usd in the summer sale) You will enjoy it!

I had the same situation as you did, here's my suggestion.

If you're gonna be playing a lot with your friends, sure go buy it, it's quite fun when you play with your friends regardless if you're good or not.

If you're gonna be playing with yourself, you better make sure you can handle all the smurfs, toxic people, and hackers without ripping your computer apart. 

Oh and it gets even worse if you're bad at the game. 

If you are willing to grind to get decent and you can handle getting crushed for a few hundred hours, sure. It's not a bad game by any means, but if you're just a casual FPS player, I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Counter Strike is a highly competitive game that can be very frustrating when playing with decent players.

The only thing you can compare CS and CoD to is the fact that they both have guns. I've always found CoD to be a casual game.

To be good a CS you need to have a keen eye and fast reflexes, as well as a good mouse and computer (goes without saying).

I've played CS since the first game to 1.6, skipping source. Even though I rage when I do a some BS moments, the game is decently addictive.

As for the community, I think I have to say that most people can be very rude and be inappropriate. Seriously, worse than TF2.

If playing competitive, I recommend forming your own team if you chose to buy the game and play competitive.

To be a decent player, you need a lot of practice. I personally recommend buying the game, lots of good moments.

If you are willing to grind to get decent and you can handle getting crushed for a few hundred hours, sure. It's not a bad game by any means, but if you're just a casual FPS player, I personally wouldn't recommend it.

That's how I fell in love with Tf2 ^.^ Thank you for the opinion! 

the endless cycle of getting killed, using pistol only or some crappy smg gets tiring especially when that one good guy on the other team always has an ak47/m4a4 or a sg553/aug...

would reccomend it if you want to play with friends and have a pretty good computer + reflexes, else you'll get crushed pretty quickly and frequently

Archived