Server browser causing lag

Supore

So, since I-don't-know-how-long-already, the TF2 server browser has been giving me tons of lag.

What I mean by that is, when <20 servers are listed, everything goes normal, i.e. buttons from the menu respond normally, no fps drops ingame. However, once it exceeds that, it gradually starts lagging up my game, making it impossible to filter out maps (for instance: if 300 servers are loaded, every character locks up the game for 5 seconds), press buttons on the menu (very slow response time), and in a worst case scenario even lagging my game from 300+ to a mere 50-60.

I have no idea what's causing it, since when and what is causing it, but if you have a clue or need any information, post it below and I'll provide it/try your solution out.

Thanks for your attention!

inb4 LOL DIDN'T READ

inb4 Have you tried turning it off and on again?

inb4 Get new compootah

i thinks its normal, this happens to me everytime for more than 2 years straight

Then it's weird that whenever I watch a video of someone browsing through the server list with 1500-2000+ servers having absolutely no trouble filtering maps - in fact: it's as smooth as having no servers loaded.

Then it's weird that whenever I watch a video of someone browsing through the server list with 1500-2000+ servers having absolutely no trouble filtering maps - in fact: it's as smooth as having no servers loaded.

maybe it happens because we have bad pcs

I have an i3 and 4 GB ram and I have this aswell. I think it's really because our PCs are too slow...

Naw. This pc really isn't slow, that's not the problem. Really, I think it's some setting I've messed up, as I can't recall having it before.

EDIT: Not to forget, this game is bloody 8 years old, mediocre pc's now were über back then.

Three things:

LOL DIDNT READ

Try turning it on and off.

Get new computer.

Thanks! It worked. I do still have one problem though: I have ebola now. What do?

Thanks! It worked. I do still have one problem though: I have ebola now. What do?

U must commit sausage, is only option

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't read entire thread

Steam - Settings - In Game

And lower that crap 

12285e8f8190d9548ede8c523651fe56.png

Already had that to the lowest. But retrying won't hurt, right?

Aaaaand it didn't work. What do? Do I need to restart Steam before the changes take effect?

Do it, your pc won't explode from this. (maybe)

Also some googling got me an old as 2.66 per key solutions.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28514300&postcount=4

http://teamfortress.tv/thread/15214/tf2-frequent-lag-spikes/?page=1(probably a similiar problem)

None of those worked. Restarted the game, restarted Steam, same issue still persists.

Archived