y u do dis valve

-=PT=- Wheres your head?

*Looks at updates*

• Added a one week delay before items purchased from the Mann Co. Store or the Steam Community Market can be traded

*Looks at updates*

• Added a one week delay before items purchased from the Mann Co. Store or the Steam Community Market can be traded

They don't want to get chargebacked. Deal with it.

They don't want to get chargebacked. Deal with it.

Say's the guy who dumped everything in his BP over the past few weeks and who has a user name that ends in RIP SCM lol, you guys are delusional 

Say's the guy who dumped everything in his BP over the past few weeks and who has a user name that ends in RIP SCM lol, you guys are delusional 

Actually not sure what your point is.

Dumped everything in his BP. Onto the SCM. Also my alt has quite a bit of pure on it too ready for the sale.

Actually not sure what your point is.

My point being that everyone here screaming the economy is "fine" are also cashing out everything as fast as they can. It reminds me of the housing bubble right before it crashed in 2008, over inflated value that made people believe that they had more equity in their investment that they actually had.  

My point being that everyone here screaming the economy is "fine" are also cashing out everything as fast as they can. 

SCM =/= cashing out.

everyone here screaming the economy is "fine" are also cashing out everything as fast as they can. 

Well, that's not really true.

Some people cash out, but people have always cashed out.

And RIP SCM doesn't really mean much for cashing out; having funds is always important for sniping deals. Plus the SCM update is bad for everybody.

yeah thats true even tho csgo seems to attract many traders aswell but hats>guns

Well, that's not really true.

And RIP SCM doesn't really mean much for cashing out; having funds is always important for sniping deals. Plus the SCM update is bad for everybody.

I'd be saying that too if I had 50k tied up in a market that is having the life squeezed out of its 3rd party re-seller market. Do you really think you can see the supposed value of the Burning TC transferred into real world money? Because it's my feeling that people are going to start seeing them  as worth a lot less than what they have been valued at since its a non-physical item that only exist in the digital world. The value in unusuals came from them being sold and resold quickly using buds as bulk keys. And as large as your BP is you wouldn't have the space to take in the amount of keys necessary to cover the TC's cost, and since buds are dying as a currency you wouldn't' dare accept them for it. So you are stuck only being able to deal with other high end traders. Plus people are no longer willing to take the risks they used to because of the new trade restrictions. Valve is leveling the playing field for the average joe player and could care less about what perceived value the community has placed on an item.  

Do you really think you can see the supposed value of the Burning TC transferred into real world money?

No.

Because it's my feeling that people are going to start seeing them  as worth a lot less than what they have been valued at since its a non-physical item that only exist in the digital world.

Lol.

And as large as your BP is you wouldn't have the space to take in the amount of keys necessary to cover the TC's cost, and since buds are dying as a currency you wouldn't' dare accept them for it.

Rofl

So you are stuck only being able to deal with other high end traders.

I'm not really selling it anyways.

Valve is leveling the playing field for the average joe player and could care less about what perceived value the community has placed on an item.  

I'm not sure what point you're making.

All I know is it fks with everyone who is cardbanking. 

Now I have no metal and 1 TOD that I can't sell for a week. 

Which means no profits or money making for a week.

Which bones my goal to have 5 keys in items.

I guess whatever helps the economy in the long run, but honestly most people are saying that they're only doing this in order to help the Christmas update soon to come, which I can believe. The whole "To stop scammers" is ridiculous - just make it so people who have had steam + purchases for over 2 months don't have this, or make it like 1-2 days maximum.

No.

Lol.

Rofl

I'm not really selling it anyways.

I'm not sure what point you're making.

No real reply to address my points, just a bunch of denial. If I am wrong then explain how I am wrong. You just lol past the issues, convince me why you are right. So all those buds you bought 4 months ago for $33 have already lost $8 in value, so that means that everything you purchased with those buds has the same devaluation. 

No real reply to address my points, just a bunch of denial. If I am wrong then explain how I am wrong. You just lol past the issues, convince me why you are right. 

Lol.

Digital items have a value: Whatever people are willing to spend on them. Same as any physical item.

People aren't just now going to realize "hey wait a minute, this hat with floating ghosts isn't real" and then immediately value it as less. Saying that they would is nuts.

Rofl

Buds are not dying; it's a seasonal thing.

8a58f58580.png

As you can see from last year at about this time, buds also dropped. And then they went up. And then down again. And this continues on.

This happens with any sort of healthy currency. It can't be avoided. Demand increases and decreases.

I "lol'd" and "rofl'd" past your issues because they're not really issues; just misunderstandings.

Digital items have a value: Whatever people are willing to spend on them. Same as any physical item.

People aren't just now going to realize "hey wait a minute, this hat with floating ghosts isn't real" and then immediately value it as less. Saying that they would is nuts.

Buds are not dying; it's a seasonal thing.

8a58f58580.png

As you can see from last year at about this time, buds also dropped. And then they went up. And then down again. And this continues on.

This happens with any sort of healthy currency. It can't be avoided. Demand increases and decreases.

I "lol'd" and "rofl'd" past your issues because they're not really issues; just misunderstandings.

Normally buds dying are seasonal, but last year they were still considered a currency after the Christmas dip, not so this year. Yea as far as item digital value (because durrr look at my outpost postings going back for 2 years)I am referring specifically about TF2 unusuals  and how their value and desirability is diminishing. Also by stating that you can not you will never see your TC's true value in real money you have in essence admitted that it is over valued and that there is no actual return on the investment unless you take a considerable hit in value.

2006 - I paid $200,000 for my house its must be worth $200,000..... 2008 - I paid $200,000 for my house but it's only worth $100,000 because of overvaluation and now i'm stuck with a pile of shit.

Normally buds dying are seasonal, but last year they were still considered a currency after the Christmas dip, not so this year.

Maybe by panic-y teens, but they are still, in fact, very much a currency.

Maybe by panic-y teens, but they are still, in fact, very much a currency.

LOL, every knowledgeable trader wants keys and not buds for their unusual, just comb outpost and see. You have a vested interest in trying to keep them propped up as a currency, of course you aren't going to state otherwise. 

LOL, every knowledgeable trader wants keys and not buds for their unusual, just comb outpost and see. You have a vested interest in trying to keep them propped up as a currency, of course you aren't going to state otherwise. 

Honestly, I was hoping to help you understand why you're wrong to assume the things you have, but I can't force you.

I don't think Bob gives a shit what's used for currency in TF2. He always has the option of going to Paypal with his big fat throbbing d...uck, and selling one of his beautiful hats that way.

I don't think Bob gives a shit what's used for currency in TF2. He always has the option of going to Paypal with his big fat throbbing d...uck, and selling one of his beautiful hats that way.

I'm not really planning on selling my hats.

I'm going dowin with the ship.

Honestly, I was hoping to help you understand why you're wrong to assume the things you have, but I can't force you.

You have not explained anything at all other that lol or whatever. Yea paypal is still around but who is going to pay cash for an item that is devaluing at a rapid rate, the paypal crowd is mostly made up of Russians hocking keys and higher end traders.  Even backpack.tf has lost 20% of its page views and time spent on site is down 34%... Visits to backpack outpost are down 23% and time spent on site is down 38% Those are really shitty numbers when you run a business...

A ship decked out with hats that make us jealous and very hard. You ever had a Jealousy Boner Bob?

Saying you're going down with the ship implies that you know the ship is taking water.......

Saying you're going down with the ship implies that you know the ship is taking water.......

Yet, I don't think that ship will be taking much water for long. Buds are probably about to head back up after the new year.

And as large as your BP is you wouldn't have the space to take in the amount of keys necessary to cover the TC's cost,

Here's something that will blow your mind: you can only fit 255 buds in a trade.

Valve is leveling the playing field for the average joe player and could care less about what perceived value the community has placed on an item.

These SCM trade restrictions hurt the average joe player. You can find one of them right in this thread, talking about how the delay has knocked him out of trading for a week. The people who benefit the most from these restrictions are paypal traders, and SCM buyers who can carry a week of good deals in their backpack. i.e., NOT the average joe player.

Archived