Will unusuals be priced mostly in keys soon?

Jacobmeister

Pretty self-explanatory. With buds falling and people starting to sell unusuals for keys more, would unusuals be priced in keys more often (considering the market for that unusual is in keys?)

you'd get weird values like '195 keys' rather than 'X.X buds'

But... idk

I remember seeing suggestions about a year ago where the item in debate was priced in 1.1-1.2 keys and people complained that the price is ugly. But now it's fairly common that items are priced at a decimal of a key.

I sure hope that they do this for australiums too. I own a few, and I am always disappointed when I see an increase in price and it just the same price, but adjusting with the new bud price.

CSGO does this fine, why does TF2 always gotta be weird. It's 2014 get with the times there's no currency besides keys :)

Arguably because most things are priced via scm ($usd) rather than 3rd party sites, not sure how things will worth with scm with the recent 1week wait for scm tho :S

thats why keys should be 10 ref and buds 10/20 keys. Stable as hell and no problem to convert.

But eh, nearly impossible.

That would satisfy my OCD so much but...supply and demand make that impossible

That would satisfy my OCD so much but...supply and demand make that impossible

it would be so easy to mentally count everything. keys 10 ref, buds 20 keys. 

Unusual below 1.5 Buds should be priced in keys. 

Anything above that should be in Buds.

Everything should be priced in keys imo. Let's say buds drop to 10 keys. That means high-tier hats(10buds) will be 100 keys. That would fuck the unusual market.

Everything should be priced in keys imo. Let's say buds drop to 10 keys. That means high-tier hats(10buds) will be 100 keys. That would fuck the unusual market.

Its already happening, I had some god tier hats that I bough for keys / steam market and now they are worth less than what I paid just because they are priced with buds on bp.tf

This is getting really anoying and seriously it can't be like this forever because if we pay 100 key for a hat then the hat is 100 keys not 50 just because buds drop in price....same happens if we buy with money 

Any unusual above 5 Buds still sells in Buds and not keys, I wouldn't worry about crazy price like 230 Keys.

Anything below can be priced in both, and I believe it should. Quickbuyers buy unusuals for Keys mostly, so it'll be much easier.

Yeah I think other than the highest of unusuals, pricing in keys would be wise to avoid issues with prices getting out of wack so quickly. 

I've been saying this also, but maybe its time the Max Head becomes the new buds. 

Yeah I think other than the highest of unusuals, pricing in keys would be wise to avoid issues with prices getting out of wack so quickly. 

I've been saying this also, but maybe its time the Max Head becomes the new buds. 

Max's are too expensive. I think we should just stick to keys as a main currency for everything. Keys are stable.

if we price unusuals in only keys from now, buds would drop even more (probably) and might even not be an currency anymore, or a low one such as bills.

y not

No. Unusuals aren't going down, keys aren't going up, metal is going down.

EVerything is about the same price as before

Unusuals are clearly going down. I paid 34 keys pure for my p. energy german gonzila like 4 months ago, which was 2 buds at the time, and it was priced at 2.6. Now, those same 2 buds are only worth 24 ish keys, which is $19 less in cash value. In general, all unusuals have been losing usd value like crazy as buds have dropped.

No. Unusuals aren't going down, keys aren't going up, metal is going down.

EVerything is about the same price as before

except no, it's not

keys are going up

buds are going down

therefore all unus are going down because prices don't update dynamically

except no, it's not

keys are going up

buds are going down

therefore all unus are going down because prices don't update dynamically

Think of it this way. Metal is dropping, and keys are going up in metal. Because keys are worth more in metal, buds are worth less keys, but stable in terms of metal.

Metal influences buds, kids.

You Have A Good Point There, However Would You Like To See, Let's Say 50 - 63 Keys Or 5 - 6.3 Buds ?

Archived