Unbox naughty crates - yay or nay?

JudgementalAlpha

Should I unbox 10 naughty crates this year?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should I unbox 10 naughty crates this year?

• Yes
    • No

So I just bought 10 naughty crates and was wondering should I buy 10 keys and unbox?

It seems there is profit to be made with S.F. weapons and possibly unusual.

I have never unboxed before and I'd thought I'd do it once for the fun.

Yay or nay?

Personally, it's all up to you. In the first hour, you should inbox and sell immediately else you'll be stuck in the pile of people trying to sell their hyped festive weapons.

Don't forget about that 1 week untradable-ness that will happen once you unbox.

Not just yet. I've heard it begins on Monday (unless you're referring to the untradable keys for a week).

Not just yet. I've heard it begins on Monday (unless you're referring to the untradable keys for a week).

It's already happening. (the untradable purchased items)

And since Naughty/Nice keys will all originate from the in-game store, all will be untradable for a week. Resulting in untradable new items for an entire week.

That's what I see will happen. Unless something changes between now and then, I'm not too sure about unboxing imo.

Will that apply to uncrated things?

Untradable keys = untradable items you get from using that untradable key. So yes :(

if you were to use an untradeable key on a crate, would the thing you get from the crate be permanently untradeable or just untradeable for a week

if you were to use an untradeable key on a crate, would the thing you get from the crate be permanently untradeable or just untradeable for a week

It might do what happened with me today; bought a few money furnaces from the market, planning to put them into fabricators, but when I went to put them in, the fabricator didn't recognize them since they were untradeable until the 25th. The keys may do the same; when you go to unbox, they won't show them as an option to use.

I unboxed 10 last year, 1 sf and no profits were made that year.

I got 2

SF Force and SF GRU

my GRU is pimped ooooooooooooooouttttttttttttt (And Lev 1)

And my Force? Let's just say... within the first hour of the update (when I unboxed), people wanted it for 10 keys...

I kept both coz Festive Weapons are beast and simply, I didn't want them to touch my Force

The hype is stronkest in the first 2 or 3 days. I don't think it would be a good idea to uncrate this year. I am personally going to sit this one out to a degree and just uncrate to satisfy my want and not to profit.

My bet is tomorrow, last year's smissmass update happened on a friday.

How much profit would I make off 10 keys ya think?

Who knows, this event will the be the first event with EVERYTHING being untradeable for the first week.

So either people who want something will uncrate or have to wait a week to get it. This may cause the hype to die, but who knows.

I dont care much for the profits. I enjoy the festives and collecting them. Since i cashed out a bit, ive got 40 bucks set aside to uncrate. I keep the ones i like and sell the rest.

Profit + getting what i want = :DDD

PS whoever said that the update would drop friday, dont forget that in 2012, they dropped thursday.

Archived