Need a hard drive

There

Hey.

I need a 3.5" SATA hard drive.

I have $80 on Amazon, and shipping isn't really a concern.

I'm looking for maximum storage space. It's only for games, so reliability doesn't matter that much, but I would like decent read/write speeds.

ty

You should buy a ssd if you don't have one.But yea buy one of those hard drives that Awesome recommended 

pls

"I'm looking for maximum storage space. It's only for games, so reliability doesn't matter that much, "

Seagate has the shittiest failure-statitics, so if possible stay away from them. The Barracuda series also has a problem where it will click as fuck when it's not reading or writing, if you're using it as a secondary drive. Although it can be solved by turning of APM (advanced power management), through a third party program.

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-reliability-update-september-2014/

Seagate has the shittiest failure-statitics, so if possible stay away from them. The Barracuda series also has a problem where it will click as fuck when it's not reading or writing, if you're using it as a secondary drive. Although it can be solved by turning of APM (advanced power management), through a third party program.

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-reliability-update-september-2014/

That testing is completely irrelevant, not to mention those failure rates are pretty poor across the board -- just do a quick search of why blackblaze's failure rates are meaningless. 

a quick tldr: 

a lot of their drives came from the flooding in thailand

they were buying up used/random drives (literally anything they could find) 

Not to mention they never made clear their testing parameters

I chose a WD Caviar Blue over a Seagate Barracuda - a techy friend recommended it to me over the Barracuda while he was helping me buy parts, if that helps your decision or not.

Seagate Barracudas used to be one of the best HDDs on the market, what happened while I was under my rock?

Nothing happened. Barracudas, WD Blues, and Hitachi... drives have pretty much always been equally good, and thats still the case. 

Archived