How to make un-boxing worth it?

Plato to Aristotle

As everyone knows (or maybe a major minority) that one of the only reasons that un-boxing still happens is because people want to get unusual hats or hype.ect. But really, most people who aren't total nubs know that people will be butthurt from the un-boxing 1/100 time, divide 100 by the amount of keys used, Usually, unless there's fucking through the roof hype, the items sell off for less than the key value based on a most complicated aspect of economics ever, demand.

Anyway, I want to hear how to make un-boxing worth it without upsetting the economy and without a way for very-very trade savy person to bypass.

I'll go first, my idea is to make specialized crates, a large variety of crates that Valve would put a limit on, thereby generating enough demand to bypass speculation. These crates would be opened with one universal key for the crates or the regular ones. Since Valve would make it so that each crate has different items, people would be left with limited items and supply and demand comes into play and the economic phenomenon that happened during the release of the economic update, people would try to find hats they like while pricing them along the way according to their liking.

BTW, I really am starting to hate forum trolls, so if you don't have genuine ideas that people will appreciate, please don't post.

100% chance of getting an unusual

o.O 

I was looking for a way to make it happen, but if you haven't caught on, this likely isn't going to be practical.

100% chance of getting an unusual

o.O 

Sorry for my post, I thought you said something else, but it would have to be some randomly chosen unusual and different variations of likeliness to create demand. 

You mean like thirst bloods, which people hate due to the mass unbox of them? Making something bad a limited supply doesn't make it any less shit. Unboxing is a gamble, if you can't handle a gamble then don't unbox. It's that simple.

You mean like thirst bloods, which people hate due to the mass unbox of them? Making something bad a limited supply doesn't make it any less shit. Unboxing is a gamble, if you can't handle a gamble then don't unbox. It's that simple.

Ummm, do you know Faraday Say's theory of supply creates it's own demand? This diversity would make people wanting to buy even though it doesn't have demand yet, but it will because hype. Period.

Another thing would be that people would most likely avoid this new update if it were to be implemented because of "You can't fool the people theory, but this theory has been challenged and the latter would likely happen.

hope to god you get an unusual.

I can't even express how happy I am because you didn't troll this thread, thank you sm.

I'm still not thinking that my ref burning idea was all that stupid...

It was, so is this thread. Tbh, I think all of you children just make up bullshit ideas to justify the fact that you want free items. 

It was, so is this thread. Tbh, I think all of you children just make up bullshit ideas to justify the fact that you want free items. 

*5 year old mode activates: BUT HATS! B-BU-BUT HATS? HATS!

PS: I forgot to mention, but what's with that profile pic? Pokemon... Weird for someone getting on my thing for childishness.

PSS($,$): One last thing, I'm a child in your elderly eyes, but holy shit, if you think that it's free items, it's just that would cause inflation, and no-one in this thread should not know what it is.

PSSS: Come up with a better idea then, you are the elder. Wise one or psycho hag. Choose.

which is active all the time, amirite?

Je ne sais pas, on and off my sir.

BTW: The hell's an armite? Is proper noun?

PS: Nvm, realized that it was am I right, oh, you could just justify that you're too lazy to put spaces.

I agree, the fault of the Limited Late Crates was that they where soooo overly hyped. Like: ZOMG THE ITEMS AND UNUSUAMAGULZ R LIMTED SO DAT MEANS THUR ALL GON BE MAX'S UNBOX ALL OF THEMMM. Then SOOOOOOOOO many people unboxed them that were were too many and the cosmetics are still technicly "limted" but there are so freaking many it doesn't matter. 

I agree, the fault of the Limited Late Crates was that they where soooo overly hyped. Like: ZOMG THE ITEMS AND UNUSUAMAGULZ R LIMTED SO DAT MEANS THUR ALL GON BE MAX'S UNBOX ALL OF THEMMM. Then SOOOOOOOOO many people unboxed them that were were too many and the cosmetics are still technicly "limted" but there are so freaking many it doesn't matter. 

Cheers on that spot, but how would it be worth it without causing this insane inflation?

Cheers on that spot, but how would it be worth it without causing this insane inflation?

You can't. You think Valve didn't think of any of this? Valve knows more than you do, they make thousands-millions of dollars  thinking ahead of time so that you keep playing their game and gambling away your funds. Only way you can profit is if you mass unbox and hope for the best, or be like a regular trader and trade your way up.

You can't. You think Valve didn't think of any of this? Valve knows more than you do, they make thousands-millions of dollars  thinking ahead of time so that you keep playing their game and gambling away your funds. Only way you can profit is if you mass unbox and hope for the best, or be like a regular trader and trade your way up.

Are you not getting the point? Should I beat it in to you? This thread isn't designed to be practical, it's just that how to have people un-box and still have profit? If you were a Valve employee what would you do? BTW, of course Valve is smarter than us, Gabe saw an opportunity and attacked it. It's just he's better at programming than us.

Are you not getting the point? Should I beat it in to you? This thread isn't designed to be practical, it's just that how to have people un-box and still have profit? If you were a Valve employee what would you do? BTW, of course Valve is smarter than us, Gabe saw an opportunity and attacked it. It's just he's better at programming than us.

Good job not reading. Actually read it, don't skim it. It answers everything you just said and asked.

Good job not reading. Actually read it, don't skim it. It answers everything you just said and asked.

Good job contradicting. I said not practical. Companies think practical.

Good job contradicting. I said not practical. Companies think practical.

You're either dumb, or a troll. You're beyond the need of help. We've spelled it out for you in every possible way, and you're incapable of understanding/comprehending.

Archived