Crazy economy idea ($,$)

Plato to Aristotle

As everyone knows, metal is becoming more and more worthless.

As everyone picked up eventually, there's a thing called inflation, it's where too much of something makes the price of that something go down.

Fro example, gold is worth a lot. But what would happen if some entrepreneur found a gold mine with 1 billion pounds of gold? (weight pounds)

Would you pay the same amount?

This is the exact thing that's happening.

So we need some way to burn off this excess metal without getting people mad, or getting people to participate.

So I bring my idea forth, a new game mode for TF2.

You'd have to pay 2 refined or 1 hat (uncraftable or craftable, prices might fluctuate) to play, and it would have 1 objective that is kind of hard to get, like killing merasmus and getting to the prize thorugh the portal.

And you would need 50-100 wins to get some very limited item, there might maybe be like 1000 in existence. 

Then there would be lower tier items which would have 10,000 in existence.

People would play the mode in the hopes of getting one of these items.

Post your other great metal burning ideas.

Only good ones.

As everyone picked up eventually, there's a thing called inflation, it's where too much of something makes the price of that something go down.

Fro example, gold is worth a lot. But what would happen if some entrepreneur found a gold mine with 1 billion pounds of gold? (weight pounds)

Would you pay the same amount?

This is the exact thing that's happening.

So we need some way to burn off this excess metal without getting people mad, or getting people to participate.

So I bring my idea forth, a new game mode for TF2.

You'd have to pay 2 refined or 1 hat (uncraftable or craftable, prices might fluctuate) to play, and it would have 1 objective that is kind of hard to get, like killing merasmus and getting to the prize thorugh the portal.

And you would need 50-100 wins to get some very limited item, there might maybe be like 1000 in existence. 

Then there would be lower tier items which would have 10,000 in existence.

People would play the mode in the hopes of getting one of these items.

Only good ones.

Everyone when they hear this:

Von_Karma_Breakdown_3.gif

Also:

-snip-

All I read was "pay 2 ref to play" ... 

What happens to the 2 ref? Does the server owner get the 2 ref? Does the 2 Ref go to the developer?

To be honest, it's a bad idea.

What happens to the 2 ref? Does the server owner get the 2 ref? Does the 2 Ref go to the developer?

If you didn't read the entire thing, do you have the rights to call it a bad idea? Come back later please.

If you didn't read the entire thing, do you have the rights to call it a bad idea? Come back later please.

It's a wall of tl;dr. You can't expect everyone to read an essay here.

It's a wall of tl;dr. You can't expect everyone to read an essay here.

XD LOLOLOLOOLOL Essay? It's a couple of lines, might be an essay for a kindergarten doe, if that's where you're coming from.

XD LOLOLOLOOLOL Essay? It's a couple of lines, might be an essay for a kindergarten doe, if that's where you're coming from.

XD LOLOLOLOOLOL = 10 y/o confirmed

Hitting the Enter key to space out every sentence or two makes it look like a Huge wall of text.

And you did just make yourself look even more childish, I can't take you serious

XD LOLOLOLOOLOL

The refined is burned like how tour of duty tickets are burned after a tour, they disappear from your backpack.

Though I doubt people would pay 2 refined if there's the option of paying just one craft/uncraft hat.

Nowhere in your entire idea above do you state where the metal goes. 

Did you read what you wrote?

Also if you want metal to be burnt, Valve would have to lower hat crafting prices down to 2.66, where it doesn't matter if you craft hats or metal.

Hitting the Enter key to space out every sentence or two makes it look like a Huge wall of text.

I made it like that to make it easier to read, but meh.

Nowhere in your entire idea above do you state where the metal goes. 

Did you read what you wrote?

Also if you want metal to be burnt, Valve would have to lower hat crafting prices down to 2.66, where it doesn't matter if you craft hats or metal.

Scuse me, but the metal and hat would be consumed, deleted, thereby removing it.

This is similar to the whole craft ref into TOD tickets idea

My idea would rather be craft 5 ref(?) into something called Forged Tickets,

New mvm mode, costs 4 forged tickets and 1 regular ticket (Gaben needs his snack bar) and gives some new type of reward like unusuals

Only 3 effects available Orbiting Scrap, Orbiting Reclaimed, and Orbiting Refined, (New cancer) and for regular rewards I guess some stock weapons with reskins to look like its broken idk

This is similar to the whole craft ref into TOD tickets.

My idea would rather be craft 5 ref(?) into something called Forged Tickets,

New mvm mode, costs 4 forged tickets and 1 regular ticket (Gaben needs his snack bar) and gives some new type of reward like unusual

Only 3 effects available Orbiting Scrap, Orbiting Reclaimed, and Orbiting Refined, (New cancer) and for regular rewards I guess some stock weapons with reskins to look like its broken idk

That's pretty good too, except it would cause immediate trade deficiet because metal is continuous and people can still inflate this too, I would have a time limit on the event.

I made it like that to make it easier to read, but meh.

Therefore we need some way to burn off this excess metal without upsetting people, or getting people to participate.

So I bring my idea forth, a new game mode for TF2. You would have to pay 2 refined or 1 hat (uncraftable or craftable, prices may fluctuate) to play, and it would have 1 objective that is kind of hard to get, like killing Merasmus and getting to the prize through the portal, and you would need 50-100 wins to get some very limited item, there might maybe be like 1000 in existence. Then there would be lower tier items which would have 10,000 in existence. Thus, people would play the mode in the hopes of getting one of these items.

Only good ones. (freakin' plebs)

Fixed, because sometimes paragraphs are actually easier to read than a whole bunch of sentence fragments.

Also got rid of unnecessary stuff about why metal is becoming worthless, because everyone knows.

As for game mode itself, not bad, but prolly should be worth more than 2 refined or a craft hat. Bread Boxes were 3 craft hats, so prolly like 5 craft hats, or 10 refined, idk.

Posted · Hidden by polar, November 28, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, November 28, 2014 - No reason given

At the beginning of the game my whole team got out of the game .. fucking leaver's
But I was able to win because I have a lot of experience)
Please reported this fucking leaver!
ZmhDHnY.jpg?1
You are helping not only to me but also to himself) a nice game.

Who pays 2 ref to play anyway..? and this could be a mod but you cant make that superspecial item happen

Who pays 2 ref to play anyway..? and this could be a mod but you cant make that superspecial item happen

Exactly. Mods can't implement a in-game item(Weapon Reskin, hat, etc) to the game. 

Valve could initiate a "burn" of refined  at their own discretion. I guess company is being aware for the current situation.

If you propose to give something more valuable for metal (mass currency), It would bring down any item segment it takes over. It would make those items cheap, rate of new items coming into game might insufficient to really make rare items.

We should also acknowledge that refined metal role is introducing new users to trading platform. As time goes by, more people are using it and there might be lower flow of potential new traders. It might result of proportional reduction of "free" stuff given, replaced with paid one. Key price seems constant, company seems to shift from free stuff to paid stuff, on which they collect fees.

It's too "easy-to-get" currency to make something really valuable, besides, in Valve interests is to sell keys from their retail market. They are not making profit from refined, it's a small reward for your playtime (way to introduce people to the market)

Archived