POLL: Which critical do you hate more?

SilverSpeed

Criticals or something.  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of critical do you hate more?

• Pokemon Critical Hits
    • TF2 Random Crits
    • Other

Most of the time, in pokemon, crit's don't make the biggest difference unless the match is close or the enemy gets a disproportionate amount

Tf2 crits have the better chance to fuck up your day, in my opinion.

The thing about Pokemon critical hits are that they happen at random intervals and can help you or not do much at all where the only way to boost them is with items and moes. The thing with TF2 random crits are that they can happen more often than Pokemon random crits and they increase in % with every kill you get so all you have to do is survive and kill.

they increase in % with every kill you get so all you have to do is survive and kill.

Nope.avi

Your crit chance increases with how much damage you deal in the last 20~ seconds.

It's not about survival, it's about dealing large amounts of damage in quick succession.

It naturally maxes out around 12% for guns, and 60% for melee.

Assist damage counts for player damage, this is why everyone swears to god "Engi / Medic has such a bullshit crit rate".

They don't. All a Medic has to do is latch onto a high damage class. All an Engi has to do is build a sentry gun. Tada.

For me, accuracy reduction in Pokemon is much worse than crits, because you'll only be getting them regularly if there are several crit boosts against you, while a single Sand Attack can be as bad as a crocket from the other side of the map.

TF2 Crits. However, it mildly annoys me that when I do crit in Pokemon, it sometimes happens when the opponent'd have fainted anyways aka low hp.

"Engi / Medic has such a bullshit crit rate".

Ive never heard anyone say this before, from my experience engi is nailed for having so many crits for the wrench

Anyone who plays Pokemon competitively (hi!) will tell you that crits are the bane of their existence. Fortunately stall isn't too popular this generation but still. For those who don't know how Pokemon crits work, allow me to explain.

With every attack, there's a 1/20 (research suggests it's nearer ~6.5%) chance that your attack will do 1.5x regular damage, and ignore the opponent's stat boosts.

This is the difference between a 2HKO and a OHKO in a massive number of circumstances, and also slices through any defensive boosters (namely Calm Mind users like Jirachi and Bulk Up users like Conkeldurr, ans well as things like Cosmic Power Clefable). Unlike in TF2, where crits, okay, may get a kill on you, and you can bounce back, in Pokemon, crits win games.

To make the two comparable, imagine in 6v6 games that there was no respawning, but you still played regular maps and game modes. That's Pokemon crits.

Pokémon crits are so fucking broken. All you have to do is get high speed for 100% crit rate.

And then there is later generations where they don't matter all that much actually for campaign games. For professional Pokémon yeah, but serious Pokémon or tf2 plays with nocrits anyway most of the time

Any competitive version of a game with random crucial events like crits, bullet spread, etc., must have it disabled.
That way players rely only on their personal skill and teamwork and not on random complete bullshit.

Archived