Cartoon Animations

♥Nick♥

idk what to title this...

So, I got interested in making cartoons and was wondering how these animations are made. I wanted to make a cartoon video to put on youtube but I do not know how it is done. What I mean is, do people who make cartoons like Sailor Moon, Courage, Adventure Time, MLP, make the characters and backgrounds on the computer with some sort of program or do they draw them on paper, get it polished, and then scan them on to a computer. If they do make all the characters, motion, and stuff on the computer, what program(s) would be used to make the characters and allow to make a video.

Sorry for being a complete novice at this type of stuff.

MLP is done in flash.

The others I don't know, probably more advanced than that.

By flash, do you mean like Flash professional CC or flash cs 5/6? Or is there another I am unaware of.

idk what to title this...

So, I got interested in making cartoons and was wondering how these animations are made. I wanted to make a cartoon video to put on youtube but I do not know how it is done. What I mean is, do people who make cartoons like Sailor Moon, Courage, Adventure Time, MLP, make the characters and backgrounds on the computer with some sort of program or do they draw them on paper, get it polished, and then scan them on to a computer. If they do make all the characters, motion, and stuff on the computer, what program(s) would be used to make the characters and allow to make a video.

Sorry for being a complete novice at this type of stuff.

It depends. Before 2000 really, a good amount of cartoons were made with traditional paint and cel animations.

But most today are digitally made with different programs, some made in-house, others professional tools. All I know is, South Park (at least its characters) are made on Corel Draw or whatever it's called and rendered on workstations.

It depends. Before 2000 really, a good amount of cartoons were made with traditional paint and cel animations.

But most today are digitally made with different programs, some made in-house, others professional tools. All I know is, South Park (at least its characters) are made on Corel Draw or whatever it's called and rendered on workstations.

-The one interesting fact Gent knows about South Park time-

The original episode, as the art style suggests, was actually made using paper cut-outs. However, it was way too expensive and time-consuming so they stopped it :P

-The one interesting fact Gent knows about South Park time-

The original episode, as the art style suggests, was actually made using paper cut-outs. However, it was way too expensive and time-consuming so they stopped it :P

I know that. Created in 3 months. 1997. After that, computer because cheap and easy.

Archived