Is this a good build

Faded

Why would I go to 2 cores instead of 8?

because these are 2 extremely strong cores instead of 8 weak ones. most games dont use more than four most use 2 mainly tho. Also the anniversary edition can be overclocked like an absolute beast

Why would I go to 2 cores instead of 8?

# of cores and/or clock speed is irrelevant when comparing different architectures. An 8 core FX chip is actually equivalent to a quad core Intel. 

In gaming, any Haswell i5 will beat an FX 83xx. In editing, an FX8320 will beat an i5, however an i7 (or a Xeon E3) will beat an FX 8320. 

because these are 2 extremely strong cores instead of 8 weak ones. most games dont use more than four most use 2 mainly tho. Also the anniversary edition can be overclocked like an absolute beast

While the G3258 can be overclocked, and is a good cpu, it's not an ideal permenant solution -- but rather more of a stop-gap until it can be replaced. In any application that can only utilize two threads, it's great. However, it begins to have serious issues in games like BF4 where the frame latency's become stupidly high (a lot of minimum frame rates -- stuttering). So, while it's able to maintain a decently high average it still ends up being very jittery in a lot of heavily threaded games. 

So, it really depends on what the primary focus is, and what games will be played. 

If the type of games that are going to be played are BF4/other AAA titles, then an i5-4460 (and up) > FX8350 > FX6300/i3-4130 (and up) > FX4130/X4 760k/860k > G3258. If the games are MMO type games, then the G3258 ends up being the better choice as they NEED powerful cores, and rarely utilize more than one or two.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tVK6ycOk this is  a updated build I may change the case any suggestion on cases?

I would personally go for a Xeon E3 1231 V3 (a locked i7 with no integrated graphics at the price point of an i5) and a cheap h81 board with no aftermarket cooler instead of the 8350, as it will have superior performance in gaming and in editing. 

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($248.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($27.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card  ($111.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($28.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $566.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-23 18:01 EST-0500

P.s. I'm assuming your budget is $560~ since thats what your build totaled out to. If its more then there are some changes you can make. An R9 280 can be had for around $130; if the focus in mainly gaming with a little bit of editing on the side, then an i5-4690k would be a better choice; a motherboard, which supports Crossfire can be had for another $30~; an ssd can be had for $60~; etc... So, I'm assuming your budget is $560 and your focus is equally on gaming and editing. 

Because it looks nicer (imo). Ultimately, they're both the same as you won't notice any difference between the "faster" ram I chose and the "better timing" ram you chose. The only meaningful difference is appearance; so if you like the look of the sniper better, then go with that one.

You thoughts were needed and should I wait for black Friday and what case should I get

Source 210 (the one I recommended) is an excellent budget case. 

As for waiting until black friday....pay attention to Newegg/NCIX/Amazon deals, which have been running for the past week or so and will continue to run and buy whenever something actually goes on sale (and not amazon's usual "sale" where they jack up the list price just to make it seem like a good deal). 

What about os any free ones or cheap ones?

Linux 

I'd opt for a Dell P2414H as it's one of the best IPS panels around (it's an calibrated U2414H, which is loved by editors/photographers). The issue with the monitor you chose, is 1) it's comparatively expensive and 2) it's not IPS -- but rather TN, which has poorer color accuracy. 

Archived