Overpay in Unusuals.

Art1337

I really don't understand where people came up with the idea that this was a fair concept?

-Lets argue about it ;)

It just doesn't make much sense to me.

1. Hi, i hab dis unusuals hat.

2. its worth 5 buds.

3. give me 5 buds pure or 7 buds in hats

-BOOM -

Why... So basically, if you're a decent trader, you can resell their hats for 7 buds. Someone is paying 7 buds for a 5 bud hat.

Is this due to the 7 bud guy being a poor trader? OR is it due to people being bad traders all around that can only quicksell the hats that are given to them in deals due to some sort of impatience that seems to be increasing everyday?(no im not calling out every trader and pinning them with a bad trader label) It's just something that my mind cannot begin to phathom.

-Someone please explain this, without telling me about your desire for the hat, and requirement to overpay so you can have it now, because that just ties me into believing you are lazy.

-It's a bit understandable with really high tier hats, that don't get sold very often, i.e. the Burning TC/Burning KE. Although those are collector's pieces in my opinion which do not have set prices.

-My noble traders, please, stop overpaying for unusuals with your unusuals. Just sell the buggers and trade up for once.

-In my opinion, this theory that people have of required overpayment in unusuals needs to die.

Now, harass me, tell me what you think.

1. If I have pure, I have much more freedom.

If I have unusuals, I have less freedom.

Thus, if I'm accepting unusuals instead of pure, I expect to be compensated for the time and effort it takes to resell even more unusuals.

If they are trading you items that you aren't looking for why would you trade for them if they are not overpaying at least a bit?

The extra time required to the trade the unwanted items for the pure (end goal items) is what the other person is paying for.

Why would someone want to simply trade for another unusual of the same value that they do not actually want?

And you should know by now that the average person is NOT a "good trader". The majority of people actually do put money in via the mann-co store or steam market and then slowly/rapidly "spend" it with the "good traders" that have the patience to actually wait to sell an item for full value (either they lose value through spending pure badly or "overpaying" in items/unusuals for things that they decide they "want")

Simple answer: most people are too lazy/impatient to sell items for full value in pure and/or their item isn't really worth as much as they paid to begin with.

If you go into a store and try to give them items instead of cash, they're not even going to give you the time of day.  Why should they take your random crap in return for their stock?  It's kinda like that in trading, except that it's better because at least you usually have the option to overpay with items when you don't have currency.  In that sense, trading is way more open.

The best way to make profit

I want 1.5 bud overpay for my 1 bud hat

I want 2 buds overpay for my 1.5 bud hat

I want 3 buds overpay for my 2 bud hat

I want three 1 bud hats + half a bud in sweets for my 3 bud hat (repeat)

It doesn't work quite like that, but it's one way.

So for example: a guy offers a 2.5 Bud Hat for a 2 Bud Hat, that's decent overpay. But if it were the other way around, 2 Bud offer for a 2.5 Bud Hat, the offerer would be declined real hard. It is just a giant mess with overpay.

So for example: a guy offers a 2.5 Bud Hat for a 2 Bud Hat, that's decent overpay. But if it were the other way around, 2 Bud offer for a 2.5 Bud Hat, the offerer would be declined real hard. It is just a giant mess with overpay.

Precisely.

If they are trading you items that you aren't looking for why would you trade for them if they are not overpaying at least a bit?

The extra time required to the trade the unwanted items for the pure (end goal items) is what the other person is paying for.

Why would someone want to simply trade for another unusual of the same value that they do not actually want?

And you should know by now that the average person is NOT a "good trader". The majority of people actually do put money in via the mann-co store or steam market and then slowly/rapidly "spend" it with the "good traders" that have the patience to actually wait to sell an item for full value (either they lose value through spending pure badly or "overpaying" in items/unusuals for things that they decide they "want")

Simple answer: most people are too lazy/impatient to sell items for full value in pure and/or their item isn't really worth as much as they paid to begin with.

And it does make sense that doing an across the board trade isn't desired, but perhaps those are just the offers that you could decline. There could now and then be a hat that you are willing to 1:1 for. It's just patience trading. And you're right too #WHEREDAGUDTRADERSAT

If I say I want pure I'm expecting pure. If you're not giving me pure then convince me by overpaying. If you don't want to overpay then sell your stuff and come back with want I asked for to begin with: pure.

Is that hard to understand?

Archived