alias console command help needed

Art1337

Hey guys, i can remember a few years back when i was big on trading, i was able to make some console command that auto posted something in the chat at an interval of seconds that i would set. I have no idea how it looked anymore but i have somewhat of a guess at it?

alias; 'o' "say Selling 20+ Clean Unusuals - !bp Art; wait 2200; loop"

I think it was something similar to that, and i know im missing some stuff.

If anyone can help that would be great, i dont want something that i need to type into my .exec file. I'd like something i can just access through the console.

Any help is appreciated, thanks alot!

I think it might work with this:

alias "ad" "say Selling 20+ Clean Unusuals - !bp Art; wait 2200; ad"

bind key ad

I've never used the wait command though, and in some cases servers have it blacklisted.

Edit: thinking about it I'm not sure if you can use an alias command in itself. Can't test it now though.

I think it might work with this:

alias "ad" "say Selling 20+ Clean Unusuals - !bp Art; wait 2200; ad"

bind key ad

I've never used the wait command though, and in some cases servers have it blacklisted.

Edit: thinking about it I'm not sure if you can use an alias command in itself. Can't test it now though.

Works perfect, thanks for the help, highly appreciated ^.^

I have a loop command that I use on rd_asteroid servers, it's a bit more complicated, and it works a bit differently, but still works by wait timers and calling itself

//Start selling X

bind "KP_MINUS" "s1Redirect1"

alias s1Redirect1 s1CallOnce

alias s1Redirect2 s1CallLoop

alias s1CallOnce "say Selling 20+ Clean Unusuals - !bp Art; echo s1CallOnce; alias s1Redirect1 s1CallStartLoop; wait 2200; alias s1Redirect1 s1CallOnce"

alias s1CallStartLoop "say Selling 20+ Clean Unusuals - !bp Art; echo Looping; wait 25; alias s1Redirect1 s1Reset; s1Redirect2"

alias s1CallLoop "echo Looping; say Selling 20+ Clean Unusuals - !bp Art; wait 25; s1Redirect2"

alias s1Reset "echo Stopped; alias s1Redirect2; alias s1Redirect1; wait 2200; alias s1Redirect2 s1CallLoop; alias s1Redirect1 s1CallOnce"

//End selling X

Pressing the bound key once uses the bind once, pressing it twice quickly (within the wait time  found in S1CallStartLoop) will loop it, pressing it quickly twice again will stop the loop, just open it up in notepad and find/replace all if you need to edit it also wait 2200 is just over 1 second, (Tested it and it loops 13 times in 9.96 seconds) depending on the people on the server, 2200 will probably get you kicked.

As said above, some servers have wait disabled, which may cause you to crash as soon as you use the loop.

EDIT: the line "echo" will print into your console you tell it to, so if you get annoyed at having "Looping" in your console every ~1 second, just take out the echo lines.

Hmm, very much appreciated as well ^^ 

Though i am curious to know what 20 seconds in between each loop would require in the place of the "2200". Something ill have to play with.

Regardless, i've tried this now and i do like the double tapp functionality, along with just being able to say it once. It allows customization for what's better based on the current sever's chat flow. It's quite usefull :b 

Thanks Again!

Archived