Which one?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. PC or Console?

• Console
    • PC
    • Both

Now i just want your thoughts.

My thoughts:

I think that PC is easily better. Why? You can get a cheap PC for $100 or under (depending if pre-owned etc) that can run minecraft and probably tf2 (medium settings). But with say the XBOX one or PS4 it costs $450+ plus the games, plus the kinect (if u want it) plus membership every month. Now that can cost over $700+. Where as you can get a good PC that can run tf2 on full settings for below that, and not have to pay subscription to play online.

It is also easier, but if you are playing say 2k15 or Fifa 14/15 and you like the controls or used to the controls on ur XBOX/PS controller? Just get a reciever for below $20 and then you can connect it (at least thats what i do) to your computer.

But again please vote above. And let me hear your thoughts.

Depends really.

Games here are expensive as hell, steam makes it much easier to buy game rather than CDs .. consoles also need a TV and alot of cables and all .. that's why i prefer PC. However alot of consoles come in handy as they dont have fps lag as a meh PC.

But a good pc > console

Now i just want your thoughts.

My thoughts:

I think that PC is easily better. Why? You can get a cheap PC for $100 or under (depending if pre-owned etc) that can run minecraft and probably tf2 (medium settings). But with say the XBOX one or PS4 it costs $450+ plus the games, plus the kinect (if u want it) plus membership every month. Now that can cost over $700+. Where as you can get a good PC that can run tf2 on full settings for below that, and not have to pay subscription to play online.

It is also easier, but if you are playing say 2k15 or Fifa 14/15 and you like the controls or used to the controls on ur XBOX/PS controller? Just get a reciever for below $20 and then you can connect it (at least thats what i do) to your computer.

But again please vote above. And let me hear your thoughts.

A pc can do anything a console can, and much more. You can even get console exclusive games for free.

I don't really see why people fight about this. PCs and Consoles have both cons and pros.

PC:

Cons:

1. It's heavy and bulky. Packing it for a trip abroad, moving to a new house, a vacation is going to be a pain. 

2. Prone to viruses, unless your very careful. 

3. Tons of wiring. It's not hard really. 

4. You can't just sit down on your comfy chair and play using your tv as a monitor. Mouse and keyboard will be out of question. A table some sort will help, but that wouldn't be comfy. Unless you have an xbox/ps controller.

5. You can get hacked easily via ip or someshit. (I have no idea how it works)

6. You need to upgrade your pc in sometime. It will be a long time, but hey. 

7. Can you have like 3 bros next to you playing a multiplayer game laughing like there is no tomorrow? No. Unless you have 4 computers right next to each other. 

Pros:

1. Best graphics by far for games.

2. Keyboard and mouse is the best control for fps games or Moba games.

3. Games are by far cheaper.

4. Cheaper priced.

5. Programs, Software, etc.

Console:

Cons:

1. Pretty much the opposite of everything on pros of pc.

2. Disc may break, get lost, get stolen.

3. Controllers tend to get lost :\. 

Pros: 

1. Pretty much the opposite of cons for pc.

2. I like chocolate.

bla bla bla. Too bored to add anything anymore.

since pc vs console is an argument of gaming;

pc has bigger player base for big games, smaller for small games (i can get good games on cod on console, none on pc, but vice versa for counterstrike or tf2 etc)

console is good for chucking on with your mates and playing together irl - no denying that

console is more comfy to play - chair,table,keyboard,mouse vs couch and handheld device

pc games are easier to access with online content although console is nearly paralleling this

pc initial investment more, pays off after a while

each to their own, i voted both, i like both for their own reasons, cant favour or hate one or the other

Well... SOMEONE needs to weigh in for the little guy, I suppose...

I prefer my consoles. I like the thing being it's own self-contained package instead of this sprawling leviathan of tech most decent PCs are.

I'm also of the opinion console games are just better. I'm a massive sentimentalist when it comes to video games (I have a tendency to talk about games in the way Italians talk about cars; put a pound in the swear jar for every time I say 'heart' or 'soul') and I just, prefer them, to the nth degree.

My opinion, that's all. You master-racers out there are free to slam me for it.

Theres only one thing that consoles have over PCs, and thats that multiple people can play on a console (together) at the same time in a social environment -- something which really isn't possible on a PC (running multiple instances of the games doesn't count).

I don't really see why people fight about this. PCs and Consoles have both cons and pros.

PC:

Cons:

1. It's heavy and bulky. Packing it for a trip abroad, moving to a new house, a vacation is going to be a pain. 

2. Prone to viruses, unless your very careful. 

3. Tons of wiring. It's not hard really. 

4. You can't just sit down on your comfy chair and play using your tv as a monitor. Mouse and keyboard will be out of question. A table some sort will help, but that wouldn't be comfy. Unless you have an xbox/ps controller.

5. You can get hacked easily via ip or someshit. (I have no idea how it works)

6. You need to upgrade your pc in sometime. It will be a long time, but hey. 

7. Can you have like 3 bros next to you playing a multiplayer game laughing like there is no tomorrow? No. Unless you have 4 computers right next to each other. 

Pros:

1. Best graphics by far for games.

2. Keyboard and mouse is the best control for fps games or Moba games.

3. Games are by far cheaper.

4. Cheaper priced.

5. Programs, Software, etc.

Console:

Cons:

1. Pretty much the opposite of everything on pros of pc.

2. Disc may break, get lost, get stolen.

3. Controllers tend to get lost :\. 

Pros: 

1. Pretty much the opposite of cons for pc.

2. I like chocolate.

bla bla bla. Too bored to add anything anymore.

Your cons on PC aren't right for the most part.

1. Laptop, and the same thing can be said for consoles

2. I can agree with that

3. Consoles have wires too, just a few less, not enough for it to be a con on PC

4. New laptops and desktops will most likely have HDMI, and it's harder to connect a keyboard and mouse to a console than to connect a controller to a PC

5. Easily? Hell no

6. When your console goes out of date, you have to buy a new system

7. Mods and a controller

A good PC will cost more initially, but if you're thrifty and content with playing games half a year after they're released, you can buy nearly anything for 50-75% off, whereas it's harder to get good deals on consoles (not even gamestop has reasonable used prices anymore), and you'll often end up being forced to front $50 or $60 for every game you get.

I'm going to be completely honest here. I prefer both. Some games are just better on consoles/my potato can't play them, and some games on PC are better. 

Sometimes I just want to camp out in front of my TV and play games all night rekting kids on Call of Dooty. Other nights I want to camp out in front of my PC and play games all night rekting kids on TF2. Some games I find easier on Xbox than PC but others I find the other way around. In all honesty I prefer PC over Xbox for gaming but I prefer Xbox over PC for comfort while gaming, so both.

Archived