Stolen Items and what to do?

KiNgSnAkE

Just a question?

Now that I have started buying and selling unusual hats I am looking at the history of items more carefully. It is pretty obvious which accounts are participating in the theft of items and there are individuals that are selling (fencing) a lot of these items on backpack (they have to know what they are doing). I have never been hijacked and I have only had one issue so I am not wanting to report a specific instance and I sure don't want to harm anyone who is trading fairly. Can an unharmed individual do anything to report or help deal with individuals who are obviously participating and benefiting from the theft of other players hard earned items.

Thanks.

You just said you traded wit a scammer, you're getting banned kiddie

Difference between having scammers in the histories of your hats and buying from scammers.

Difference between having scammers in the histories of your hats and buying from scammers.

Sounds a lot like buying from them to me buy I don't care 

It is not my items. It is ones that I am thinking of buying and that I do not. I was just looking at an item I wanted to buy but it is obvious that it was stolen from someone therefore I will not.

It is not my items. It is ones that I am thinking of buying and that I do not. I was just looking at an item I wanted to buy but it is obvious that it was stolen from someone therefore I will not.

If you can get valid proof then just report them and don't buy. That's it.

You can only provide screen captures of item histories but there is a obvious pattern to how items are passed around and who ends up selling them on backpack.

My other point was Steam Rep. The one issue I had was in July and I spent a lot of time and effort gathering proof and submitting it. I even ended up having the individual return all the items to the people he stole from. The case at Steam Rep is still unresolved even tho the individual admitted it in chat logs and helped get all the items returned. The one fake account he used is now banned (for some other issue)  but all his other accounts are still active and in good standing.

If someone comes forward, realizes they bought scammed hats, and doesn't do it anymore, why should we ban them?

We don't. We only, very specifically, ban people who 1) knew fully well they were buying scammed hats or 2) are repeat offenders.

Archived