Do you have braces?

DiamondHavoc.

60 members have voted

1. 1. Braces

• Yes
    • No
    • Used to

It seems that a lot of people think that if you have braces they can define your age. 

Just wondering who here has braces. And how long have you had them for? I've had mine for 2 years.

13 confirmed.

Also nope. Had mine for 10 months.

Well seeing as half the forumers here know I am, I don't see how it's a bad thing.

Btw you must have had pretty straight teeth already to have had them for only 10 months

Had them.

Really painful.

True, I had my bottom braces tightened today. Luckily they're nearly completely straight so some painkillers will do the job.

Nah.

Pff, braces, big deal...

Why do people even care about them.

It's worth it for when you're an adult. I would prefer having straight teeth than crooked teeth, even if it takes a little pain.

It's worth it for when you're an adult. I would prefer having straight teeth than crooked teeth, even if it takes a little pain.

I mean other people.

Like, "Look, dis guy said he has braces, he's 12, huehuheue".

I currently have them, take away whatever you choose from this.

I still feel that people exaggerate the pain that they cause. Sure, they're uncomfortable, but they don't hurt THAT much.

I mean other people.

Like, "Look, dis guy said he has braces, he's 12, huehuheue".

My thoughts exactly. So many people have them, I don't see why someone must be young to have them. I agree that while you are young your teeth are still moving and growing, but the attitude towards having them is dumb.

I've had braces twice, first just on the top and again on the top and bottom. They're off now, but I still wear retainers at night :s

They're kinda painful and expensive, but it's worth it imo

I've had braces twice, first just on the top and again on the top and bottom. They're off now, but I still wear retainers at night :s

They're kinda painful and expensive, but it's worth it imo

I can see the difference of when I had them put on and now.

I used to have braces. My main problem was the wire that sticks out the back that punctures the side of my mouth. It wasn't really painful, but it was annoying as hell. The rest of the time it wasn't problem. I had them for a year.

had them for like 17 months?

didnt hurt at all except for the day or two after tightening, and even that wasnt awful unless you ate a ton

Had braces when I was in 5th grade, but back then it was cool to have braces. Had them for about 8 months.

As dreadful as braces are, they're helluva lot better than Palatel expanders.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QNgpAyd8ItI/SZD0P7YDYhI/AAAAAAAAAm4/MqLxGXFE88s/s400/expander.jpg Makes it near impossible to eat, talk, and even relax. Probably my worst experience was with one of this goddamned things.

As dreadful as braces are, they're helluva lot better than Palatel expanders.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QNgpAyd8ItI/SZD0P7YDYhI/AAAAAAAAAm4/MqLxGXFE88s/s400/expander.jpg Makes it near impossible to eat, talk, and even relax. Probably my worst experience was with one of this goddamned things.

^THIS SO MUCH

I have had braces for a little over a year now (should be getting them off near april) and I had the palatel expander for about 3-4 months.

It was a pain to eat because of this and the talking got easier but it still was a pain in the ass.

Overall braces aren't too bad, they were somewhat bad for me at the beginning since I play trumpet and I would get cuts from the wire

I currently have them, take away whatever you choose from this.

I still feel that people exaggerate the pain that they cause. Sure, they're uncomfortable, but they don't hurt THAT much.

I reckon it depends on how straight your teeth are to begin with. If you have really crooked teeth, obviously it will hurt more as your teeth will be in a complete different position.

I reckon it depends on how straight your teeth are to begin with. If you have really crooked teeth, obviously it will hurt more as your teeth will be in a complete different position.

My teeth were pretty bad then.

Currently, not so much.

Archived