Shitty idea

Grimes

Marketable Refined? I wouldn't mind that.

Collector's Refined? Lol, let's just destroy the economy.

Why would it destroy the economy?

Collector's Refined?

Eventually Collector's Refined will be useless as there are so much refined, and eventually more sets will be discovered :s

Edit: Wait... It might save the economy for having less metal :s

Oh, Marketable refined won't crash the economy. Buds, Bills, BMOCs, Accessories, Lumby Lids all became marketable and the market didn't crash :/

Collector's Refined?

Eventually Collector's Refined will be useless as there are so much refined, and eventually more sets will be discovered :s

Edit: Wait... It might save the economy for having less metal :s

Oh, Marketable refined won't crash the economy. Buds, Bills, BMOCs, Accessories, Lumby Lids all became marketable and the market didn't crash :/

The idea is to create demand for refined, and at the same time make it very easy to obtain and sell.

The idea is to create demand for refined, and at the same time make it very easy to obtain and sell.

I realised that while making the second reply :P

How about this idea?

• Collector refine chem sets become an uncommon - common drop
  • A collector's ref will later be valued as a normal ref of today. In other words, 1 collector's ref = 1 ref

That way ref will now have a use and a new currency will take its place. A currency that's ACTUALLY backed up by another currency. Ref farmers will not kill the ref's value as badly as they are right now.`

Just an idea. Don't kill me.

I feel like people mix up the words "destroy" and "change" a lot when talking about the economy... People bitch about Ref having no use. Then when they hear about ways to implement it into the game more often, they get all offended lol.

but-thats-none-of-my2.jpg

Not everyone digs collectors though, and while it takes 200 to make a collectors, there is an exponential amount compared to 200. metal is already easy to obtain, even f2ps can get it. selling it for money is trickier, but nonetheless items tend to have a decent sale rate when it comes to ref.

Not everyone digs collectors though, and while it takes 200 to make a collectors, there is an exponential amount compared to 200. metal is already easy to obtain, even f2ps can get it. selling it for money is trickier, but nonetheless items tend to have a decent sale rate when it comes to ref.

Take a look at my idea. It just might be a great way to solve the 'unlimited' ref thing. A currency that is back by the ref.

How about this idea?

• Collector refine chem sets become an uncommon - common drop
  • A collector's ref will later be valued as a normal ref of today. In other words, 1 collector's ref = 1 ref

That way ref will now have a use and a new currency will take its place. A currency that's ACTUALLY backed up by another currency. Ref farmers will not kill the ref's value as badly as they are right now.`

Just an idea. Don't kill me.

It's called denomination.

Collector's ref won't save metal from falling in price. Let's assume that a collector's ref is crafted from 10 regular ref, and key costs 10 ref, so 1 c. ref = 1 key. But because of ref still being crafted from weapons, it will continue to drop, and so will the c. ref. Eventually you'll get 10 c. ref for 1 key. Nothing would change, eh?

If you want just to simplify calculations and/or make ref to stack without caring about ref's price, then yep, denomination is useful.

If you want ref to regain its price, then you gotta create a sink where you can dump ref in exchange for %item%. %Item%, if welcomed by the communty, would drop like Baumgartner, but then eventually stabilize somewhere. Or just give this item a unique useful function.

My crazy idea: make ref a currency for items you can acquire in-game without spending real money, i.e unique weapons, hats, etc, and key a currency for items you can get only from spending said money: festives, aussies, unusuals, genuine stuff, etc.

On a second thought, you pretty much guaranteed to need a fraction of the key.

The whole idea of getting keys for ref (you didn't do shit to craft refined metal, did ya?) freaks me out.

Alright, I don't know shit about this fucked up TF2 economics. One can't just apply laws and concepts of IRL economics to TF2.

-snip-

Uhh.. I actually meant this.

200 ref = 1 collector's ref

*some time later*

x # of collector's ref = 1 key

That way if you want free currency, you actually have to work for it instead of getting 1 ref every week in items idk tho. I'm just thinking of a way to consume the current ref there is. Another thing is that why should currency be free? Again, idk. discuss

Archived