Stock Market View

ConVict  The_Hairy_Baboon

Ever since BP value history was changed to using historical prices, i've taken to looking at my backpack every few days to see what is increasing in value.

Recently I noticed that keys (obviously) and black/white paint were.  Looking at the price history for black and white paint, they seemed to go pretty much hand in hand.  I was wondering if it could be possible to allow users to overlay multiple price histories to see how prices vary against each other.

I personally don't know how useful it would be for traders, but I imagine people who are used to looking at stocks could gain benefit, and it would be interesting to compare stuff to see what goes hand in hand.

To help people get information from the graphs, would it also be possible to get the "# in existence" to be updated not to total every scanned, but total scanned in past X amount of time, scaled for number of active backpacks or some other value, to get a better estimate of supply.  Keys keep getting used every day for unboxing, (a large # are just used as currency though) but also for the crates they unbox, it would be nice to see a graph showing how many crates are probably left, compared to a stagnant total # of crates ever scanned.

Adding this suggestion would just add extra views of the market, or at least make it easier to view many parts of the market at the same time.

Any opinions on this topic would be great, I'd also like to see how many people would be interested in having this be available.  (highly doubtful it will be added, but you never know)

That would be pretty cool, but you could just do it the long way and have 2 tabs open :P

+1 tho

2 tabs is how i saw the trend  :)

Now I just need to figure out how to adjust the transparency of chrome.  (or downloadable/exportable data?)

Recently I noticed that keys (obviously) and black/white paint were.  Looking at the price history for black and white paint, they seemed to go pretty much hand in hand.

every tool is going hand to hand throughout the history of mannco trading with the prices in keys.

exceptions are the low tier paints and decal tools..

Sounds like a great idea. Would be very helpful in foreseeing the trend of certain items and whether it would be good to invest in a particular item. 

• 3 weeks later...

To help people get information from the graphs, would it also be possible to get the "# in existence" to be updated not to total every scanned, but total scanned in past X amount of time, scaled for number of active backpacks or some other value, to get a better estimate of supply.  Keys keep getting used every day for unboxing, (a large # are just used as currency though) but also for the crates they unbox, it would be nice to see a graph showing how many crates are probably left, compared to a stagnant total # of crates ever scanned.

Any view on this part?  It's very hard to know what the actual supply of an item is if the total is from the beginning of time.  Especially as tools get used, more get bought, stuff gets crafted, strangified, etc.

Archived