Best place to buy cheap instruments (alto saxophone)

Hawko

Got a lot of cash and I really, really want to buy an Alto Sax for my own use.

I know there are some pretty cool music players here. Would you know the cheapest place to buy them online / IRL?

Don't buy a new one. Get somebody who knows something about it (if you don't know) and buy a (decent) second hand instrument, after inspecting it and trying it out.

Glad to read you're gonna buy a sax. :D I have one on my own, it's a Yamaha and pretty decent. 

Yamaha, Yanagisawa are good for starters and non-professionals. Yanagisawas are slightly better than Yamahas.

Selmer, King are the top of the pops. But expensive.

http://www.saxophone.org/resources/guide

Don't buy a new one. Get somebody who knows something about it (if you don't know) and buy a (decent) second hand instrument, after inspecting it and trying it out.

Glad to read you're gonna buy a sax. :D I have one on my own, it's a Yamaha and pretty decent. 

Yamaha, Yanagisawa are good for starters and non-professionals. Yanagisawas are slightly better than Yamahas.

Selmer, King are the top of the pops. But expensive.

http://www.saxophone.org/resources/guide

I disagree, yanagisawa and selmer are the top of the line :)

Keilsworth is also very good too. 

I personally own a yanagisawa, you can hear the difference from my old student-model saxophone.

Although Selmer is way more expensive :P

I disagree, yanagisawa and selmer are the top of the line :)

Keilsworth is also very good too. 

I personally own a yanagisawa, you can hear the difference from my old student-model saxophone.

Although Selmer is way more expensive :P

You're probably right.

I've been told recent Yanagisawas are definitely good, way better than the old ones. But I've never played one, I own a Yamaha alt and currently I'm playing on a Selmer tenor...  ;)

Archived