Tips for profiting?

Blazing

Hi,

I'm on the road to my first Unusual and my aim is to get it by the time Christmas comes. My first trading started on the 20th of September this year and I think I've been doing pretty good so far. Here is my progress graph:

http://i.imgur.com/FvMD1P5.png

However, the methods that I use to profit are rather slow and I really want to speed up the process. I have over 13 keys worth according to backpack.tf, but not much of that is in pure and about one of those 13 keys are from items that I wish to keep.

Any tips for trading?

1. Use Live deals on Trade.tf.

- Can get you the most profit in one day.

- Don't even bother with stranges that has parts, unless you are very sure you can flip it easily. Those will take a lifetime to sell.

- Don't bother with Killstreaks for now. <-- Num. 1 newb mistake.

2. Be active on outpost. Use it to trade most of your items.

- Best way to sell stuff easily

- Try your best to bump those trades every so often. You will certainly have rivals that are selling the same hat for the same price.

- DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS THAT ARE POSTED ON THE COMMENTS. IT"S EITHER A PHISING LINK OR A VIRUS THAT YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY DOWNLOAD.

- Quickbuy high end items. Say a V.Lugermorph, A B.M.O.C, Bill's hat, Heck maybe even unusuals. If you have the resources that is, but if you want to start slow. Buy hats/misc for low and sell it at " High end Backpack.tf price". Don't even try selling it higher than bp.tf price.. 

3. Bazaar is also good. But there are more people on outpost.

- Buy Bots are one of the most helpful features in Bazaar.

- Use the Buy Bots to sell unwanted weapons for a scrap each. Make sure you set it at 1 for 1. You might just sell all your weapons for 1 scrap accidentally.

- You don't need to manually bump the trades, but you do have to go to the website so it will bump automatically.

- Auctions are one of the best ways of selling things you don't need for pure or items. But be warned the auction is final. If you cancel it you will receive a negative reputation and people   may not be as entusiastic at betting on your auction. 

1. Use Live deals on Trade.tf.

- Can get you the most profit in one day.

- Don't even bother with stranges that has parts, unless you are very sure you can flip it easily. Those will take a lifetime to sell.

- Don't bother with Killstreaks for now. <-- Num. 1 newb mistake.

2. Be active on outpost. Use it to trade most of your items.

- Best way to sell stuff easily

- Try your best to bump those trades every so often. You will certainly have rivals that are selling the same hat for the same price.

- DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS THAT ARE POSTED ON THE COMMENTS. IT"S EITHER A PHISING LINK OR A VIRUS THAT YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY DOWNLOAD.

- Quickbuy high end items. Say a V.Lugermorph, A B.M.O.C, Bill's hat, Heck maybe even unusuals. If you have the resources that is, but if you want to start slow. Buy hats/misc for low and sell it at " High end Backpack.tf price". Don't even try selling it higher than bp.tf price.. 

3. Bazaar is also good. But there are more people on outpost.

- Buy Bots are one of the most helpful features in Bazaar.

- Use the Buy Bots to sell unwanted weapons for a scrap each. Make sure you set it at 1 for 1. You might just sell all your weapons for 1 scrap accidentally.

- You don't need to manually bump the trades, but you do have to go to the website so it will bump automatically.

- Auctions are one of the best ways of selling things you don't need for pure or items. But be warned the auction is final. If you cancel it you will receive a negative reputation and people   may not be as entusiastic at betting on your auction. 

How worth it would you say trade.tf premium is? I'm a bit reluctant to use things like that because I have to pay and there'll be good days and bad days, meaning inconsistent profit.

How worth it would you say trade.tf premium is? I'm a bit reluctant to use things like that because I have to pay and there'll be good days and bad days, meaning inconsistent profit.

It's worth it if you stay on the site and find a good deal or what we prefer to call it "Camping" The best deals sells in seconds. So you have to be fast or lose on a great deal that would make a good profit. 

I've been using trade.tf before I quit trading. I've always made the key I paid for 1 months (back then, now it's 1key/15-14 days, I do not remember well). If You got spare time in Your life, go for it.

Excuse me for my noobish kinda off-topic question, but how do you get that automated trade offer thingy?

Been looking for info about it but I can't find any.

EDIT: Added him, he gave me the info, thanks!

Well, I've got my first Unusual!

It took a bit of scraping through all my items I had to get the most out of everything, but I finally have the hat that I've been waiting for, and it looks pretty damn good as well.

Well, I've got my first Unusual!

It took a bit of scraping through all my items I had to get the most out of everything, but I finally have the hat that I've been waiting for, and it looks pretty damn good as well.

That's a nice ending

I wanna get the unusual I've wanted

But first how'd you get 13 in the first place

That's a nice ending

I wanna get the unusual I've wanted

But first how'd you get 13 in the first place

Quickbuying craft hats and selling them for the normal price, flipping high value painted hats and quickbuying keys before they raise.

I didn't buy a craft hat for 13 keys by the way, I had to invest further and got 15 keys to buy my white painted Defiant Spartan with the steaming effect, which works very well with the paint.

Archived