• A (7)
    • B (6)
    • C (5)
    • D (4)
    • E (3)
    • F (2)
    • G (1)
    • U (1-)

So yeah, i know some people on these forums dont give a shit about school, while others do great at it.

What is your grade point average? Added the cambridge grading scale too for the igcse/ib people

Polls are private.

What's a Grade Point Average? Like, the grade you get most often?

At the end of School I had five A* and five A's.

College I finished with an A*, an A, and three B's.

Uni... yikes. Hoping for a 2:1 at least.

What's a Grade Point Average? Like, the grade you get most often?

At the end of School I had five A* and five A's.

College I finished with an A*, an A, and three B's.

Uni... yikes. Hoping for a 2:1 at least.

It is the average. Most often would be modal grade i think.

there isn't a G grade, unless the grade scale is weird

Just because you don't have a G grade, doesn't mean it is weird. As far as I know Cambridge has G. Cuz on my rubric there is a G

Grade averages hardly account for anything at all

I beg to differ, grade averages are more important than test grades (unless the finals of finals). They are important because they account for not only summative assessments but also formative assessments.

I beg to differ, grade averages are more important than test grades (unless the finals of finals). They are important because they account for not only summative assessments but also formative assessments.

"The average compiled grade of your education means nothing"

ok

What do you mean by that?

It's an average encompassed by all subjects and thereby a hardly reliable indicator of someone

I never liked them

It's an average encompassed by all subjects and thereby a hardly reliable indicator of someone

I never liked them

Well, if you are still in high school, it is still reliable. Cuz at this point in ur life, you arent meant to be awesome at 1 thing and crap at the other. At this point in ur life you are suppose to be learning how to learn, how to take notes and stuff.

If I recall correctly, I graduated high school with something like a 4.75 weighted gpa, 3.98 unweighted...got a B in one semester of spanish freshman year :(

I never liked them

Time and time again studies have shown overall GPA is is a much more objective / reliable determiner of how well a student will do later on: http://college.usatoday.com/2014/02/26/new-study-says-high-school-gpa-matters-more-than-sat-scores/

Better than standardized tests and more reliable than a few personal essays, a single short interview, or even letters of recommendation. That's why in the US, the GPA, and especially science GPA, is the single most important factor in medical school admissions.

ACT/SAT score > Overall high school GPA

The 2 biggest tests of your entire life that make or break admission into a nice university

Thats for americans. :/

Thats for americans. :/

Hey now hold on, there's a reason for this. If you have Straight As in high school, but only took joke courses, with no Honors classes, do you think you are more intelligent than a person who took a more rigorous course load? I respect the kid who had a B average with all honors courses a hell of a lot more than the Straight A student with 2 study halls and 4 gyms.

High school is a waste of four years, you learn about the most idiotic things, that nobody in this century needs, but w/e.

(What I mean, by useless, is by, the ridiculous three page algebra step problems, re-writing stories from different perspectives, learning about fossils, etc)

Also, warning : circlejerk thread. 

My school is retartded, we literaly can't see our grades until 2 weeks into the second quarter. We have standars based grading, and a 3 is an 80. So if you think your schol is fucked up anyone, just be thankfull.

Archived