Where are the Halloween 2014 Event Crates?

Heated Bread

Event crates usually start dropping in advance of the event they are for, before their keys are available.  The event is practically on top of us at this point, and yet NO EVENT CRATES ARE DROPPING.  It's making me think that maybe there won't be any special crates this year.

Your thoughts?  And yes, I checked the catalog.

They never give new stuff out.

1st week - previous halloweens

2nd week - new halloween stuff

I see what you're saying, but it doesn't seem likely to me because I just don't understand why they would abandon their usual practice of seeding the playerbase with crates prior to an event.  Either the practice is sound or it isn't.  If the practice is sound, why abandon it now?  If it isn't necessary, then why have they been doing it that way for so long?

I see what you're saying, but it doesn't seem likely to me because I just don't understand why they would abandon their usual practice of seeding the playerbase with crates prior to an event.  Either the practice is sound or it isn't.  If the practice is sound, why abandon it now?  If it isn't necessary, then why have they been doing it that way for so long?

It's Valve.... Nothing makes sense with Valve...

The post clearly refers to the future hallloween event update. 

And I dont believe halloween crates dropped earlier previously

Event crates usually start dropping in advance of the event they are for, before their keys are available.  The event is practically on top of us at this point, and yet NO EVENT CRATES ARE DROPPING.  It's making me think that maybe there won't be any special crates this year.

Your thoughts?  And yes, I checked the catalog.

the event has not start yet they just enabled previous maps for ppl to get the old stuff.next week probably.

by how much failed the tf2 crates are market wise if I was gabe I would change it a bit.

rarest crates higher price.and after all its all about profit.cheap crates does not make any sense.

by how much failed the tf2 crates are market wise if I was gabe I would change it a bit.

rarest crates higher price.and after all its all about profit.cheap crates does not make any sense.

Cheap plentiful crates make sense if you want people to buy keys.  Nobody wants to have their wallet get hit twice for the same unbox.

Halloween crates have always come out on the same day as the keys. It's tradition I guess. Go look at the previous update days.

That's right. Last Halloween they didn't put the key and crates out till the 28th if I'm mistaken.

the crates will probably come out at the 29 or 30 of october. And then they will be obtainable for about 2 weeks. That's how they did it last years

Does anybody else think its stupid that the event starts that late instead of on the run up to it. You dont carve pumpkins on that day after all.

Archived