Closed. im an idiot.

Syndaz

It's easier to , instead of using a disk,100% legally and safelyâ„¢  get a windows 7 .iso file and format it onto a USB.

(Then on your new computer go into boot options and boot off your USB)

also note:

M0aIyXZ.png

So since I'm looking to save money on my build which is roughly 800 dollars no monitor and os (950 with monitor no os) I've been reading in some comments that you can get Windows 7 for free. I assume it would be burning the download onto a disc and then transferring it to the new computer correct? (Probably won't be doing this but would be good for reference)

Well, there are two options to get it for "Free". 

1) Remove it from an old computer, and use that same install on a new one.

2) pirate it. 

Alternatively, you can get an w8.1 MSDN key (last like 2~ years) from G2a.com for $27 and just buy/upgrade to w10 when it's officially released. 

I've got Windows 7 on my laptop would that work?

You'd have to remove it, and then re-use the key on the new computer (sometimes requires you to contact MS and have them de-authorize the old computer). 

It's easier to , instead of using a disk,100% legally and safelyâ„¢  get a windows 7 .iso file and format it onto a USB.

(Then on your new computer go into boot options and boot off your USB) Darn didnt know. How can I delete this?

also note:

M0aIyXZ.png

Archived