Thoughts on the Name Tag Exploit debate

Jakey-Boo

What are your thoughts on this, and if you don't know what I'm talking about read this Reddit thread.

I personally think that the 2 people given the unusuals don't deserve them as this bug isn't even a small deal. Not considering the fact they didn't report it first.

What are your thoughts on this, and if you don't know what I'm talking about read this Reddit thread.

I personally think that the 2 people given the unusuals don't deserve them as this bug isn't even a small deal. Not considering the fact they didn't report it first.

My friend reported that exploit 2 months prior to when the people given the unusuals reported that exploit and he recieved nothing.

My friend reported that exploit 2 months prior to when the people given the unusuals reported that exploit and he recieved nothing.

Someone reported this 4 months prior to these guys and got nothing aswell, that's the main topic of debate on Reddit.

No idea why they got unsuuals, i thought it was only for major exploits which can break the economy/game only.

even ive reported larger gliches/expoits than this >_>

Your words confuse me... maybe brush up on your grammar.

As if you can't read that.

I know a name tag exploit.. (another one) that no one else knows about.

Where to send :D

As if you can't read that.

I know a name tag exploit.. (another one) that no one else knows about.

Where to send :D

Quick send it in so you don't get an unusual then I will find it and get an unusual 3 months later :D

QUICK WHATS THE EMAIL

There is no email, you contact stem support and hope they give you someshit.

If it was an actual major exploit (Like the giftapalt exploit which created items) and needs to be fixed asap you add one of the tf2 developers on the steam forums i believe.

EDIT: there "was" an email that some guy used ages back dont think that even gets check anymore lol

Someone reported this 4 months prior to these guys and got nothing aswell, that's the main topic of debate on Reddit.

Wasn't that a different bug but still related to tags?  I heard something about that but my memory on it is fuzzy.

Wasn't that a different bug but still related to tags?  I heard something about that but my memory on it is fuzzy.

What happened was that a guy reported a name tag bug that lets you use 80 characters instead of 40

then 4 months later someone else reported it and him and his friend got 2 unusuals

What happened was that a guy reported a name tag bug that lets you use 80 characters instead of 40

then 4 months later someone else reported it and him and his friend got 2 unusuals

No, I know that the exploit that was reported by the 2 guys who got unusuals had to do with changing the character limit for name tags.  I'm saying that I think I heard that the earlier exploit was not the exact same exploit.  I'm not 100% sure because at the time (and still right now) I found it really hard to care about, and so I didn't really make a good mental note of it.

edit: I just went and looked at the reddit thread.  It's the same bug, if the screenshot is legit.

No, I know that the exploit that was reported by the 2 guys who got unusuals had to do with changing the character limit for name tags.  I'm saying that I think I heard that the earlier exploit was not the exact same exploit.  I'm not 100% sure because at the time (and still right now) I found it really hard to care about, and so I didn't really make a good mental note of it.

edit: I just went and looked at the reddit thread.  It's the same bug, if the screenshot is legit.

I see no reason for him to fake it, not like Valve'll give him an unusual.

I think the real crime is what unusuals they chose. If you were going to get the gibus get the haunted ghost effects or any effect that goes well with a white painted gibus since thats the only way to have a decent looking gibus.

Archived