My Reviewed/ Lower Gaming PC

Syndaz

http://pcpartpicker.com/guide/sF8TwP/600-gaming-build. Also getting a decent optical drive and monitor and OS system that I won't include. Since I'm not very sure do I need a sound card to plug headphones into my PC? Any feedback or better items is appreciated.

You don't beed a sound card, and ew don't get an optical drive. 

And don't get an XFX card, aside from all the trouble I've heard people having with them -- there are cheper better alternatives, like Sapphire, Asus, MSI, or Gigabyte. 

Oh, and get 2 4gb sticks instead of a single 8gb stick. 

You don't beed a sound card, and ew don't get an optical drive. 

And don't get an XFX card, aside from all the trouble I've heard people having with them -- there are cheper better alternatives, like Sapphire, Asus, MSI, or Gigabyte. 

Oh, and get 2 4gb sticks instead of a single 8gb stick. 

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Version-PCI-Express-Graphics-11220-00-20G/dp/B00I0D81OG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413245597&sr=8-1&keywords=Sapphire+Radeon+R9+270X+Dual-X+Boost+OC+AMD+Graphics+Card+2GB+Graphics+Card

Would this do the trick and could you supply some other cards as well?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($92.75 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($279.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $731.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-22 22:25 EDT-0400

The reason I chose a more expensive motherboard is so you can add a second GPU in the future should you want to (although, you'd still need to upgrade the psu to something bigger). If you're confident you'd never add a second GPU, then you could knock off another $50~. And you could also lose the SSD and get an i5, which would probably be worth it, except going from a computer with an ssd to one without is a bitch. 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($92.75 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($279.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $731.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-22 22:25 EDT-0400

The reason I chose a more expensive motherboard is so you can add a second GPU in the future should you want to (although, you'd still need to upgrade the psu to something bigger). If you're confident you'd never add a second GPU, then you could knock off another $50~. And you could also lose the SSD and get an i5, which would probably be worth it, except going from a computer with an ssd to one without is a bitch. 

Thanks I'll think about that.

I have an XFX card. The first one had some kind of manufacturing defect, but they replaced it after an RMA. Though admittedly they made me pay my own shipping and didn't explain what was wrong with it :/

I have an XFX card. The first one had some kind of manufacturing defect, but they replaced it after an RMA. Though admittedly they made me pay my own shipping and didn't explain what was wrong with it :/

Well, having to pay your own shipping isn't uncommon.....But XFX is hit or miss; I know someone who's gone through like six cards and just gave up. And atm, XFX isn't much cheaper than the rest to warrant going for them. 

Archived