♥Prof. Sugarcube♥

64 members have voted

1. 1. Desktop or Laptop?

• Desktop
    • Laptop
    • I'd prefer a toaster
    • Screw toasters, I'll get a potato

What it says on the tin.

Do you like your Desktop or Laptop better?

I'm a laptop person; the small keys help me type fast B)

Ever since I bought a new desktop, I have not touched my laptop at all. Keyboard is worse, cooling is worse, and is much slower since it's getting a bit old.

If one needs a tiny computer then a tablet is better than a laptop, and if one needs an actual computer then a desktop is better.

If one needs a tiny computer then a tablet is better than a laptop, and if one needs an actual computer then a desktop is better.

Lets agree to disagree there. 

I'll take the power of a 13/15" laptop over the compactness of a 9" tablet any day. As far as Im concerned, if I can drag a 9" tablet around, then I can just as easily drag a 13" laptop around. On the other hand, 7" tablets actually serve a useful purpose since they're much easier to carry with you than both alternatives. 

Lets agree to disagree there. 

I'll take the power of a 13/15" laptop over the compactness of a 9" tablet any day. As far as Im concerned, if I can drag a 9" tablet around, then I can just as easily drag a 13" laptop around. On the other hand, 7" tablets actually serve a useful purpose since they're much easier to carry with you than both alternatives. 

I might be a bit biased since I'm almost never in a situation where I would need either a laptop or a tablet anyway :P .

I might be a bit biased since I'm almost never in a situation where I would need either a laptop or a tablet anyway :P .

You never really need a tablet if you have an expensive phone

Having one along with a laptop is useful if you're doing things I guess

Personally I use a lap-top which is pretty nice in my opinion. It's mainly because me and my friend often go home to eachother and LAN together.

So in the end it really comes down to your "lifestyle".

I prefer laptops. Sitting down with it on my lap is nice and comfy, its easy to move, performance is nice and good overall.

Dude, pls don't do that (assuming you have a penis). Ironic as it may seem, laptops are not good for your lap. Your body made testicles hang from your body in order to be a few degrees cooler, to help your sperm stay nice and alive. Introducing even back those few degrees to your testes is a recipe for sterilization and even prostate cancer, as the heat will denature your sperm cells and cause them to mutate.

Don't test your testes. 

Dude, pls don't do that (assuming you have a penis). Ironic as it may seem, laptops are not good for your lap. Your body made testicles hang from your body in order to be a few degrees cooler, to help your sperm stay nice and alive. Introducing even back those few degrees to your testes is a recipe for sterilization and even prostate cancer, as the heat will denature your sperm cells and cause them to mutate.

Don't test your testes. 

Not sure if serious . . . 

Maybe it's that they come with so much manufacturer bloat, maybe it's that they have lower-clocked processors, but I just find laptops soooooo slow compared to desktops, and things seem to go wrong much more often.

Although, good windows desktop + cheap linux laptop will always be the ideal combo.

Never really understood people who buy a laptop as their only home pc.

Desktop > laptop.
Mobility? For what? Playing games?
A phone can do pretty much everything.

Never really understood people who buy a laptop as their only home pc.

Desktop > laptop.

Mobility? For what? Playing games?

A phone can do pretty much everything.

If you don't game/render/edit I'd take a laptop over a desktop any day. I love being able to use my computer anywhere rather than being stuck at my desk. 

If you don't game/render/edit I'd take a laptop over a desktop any day. I love being able to use my computer anywhere rather than being stuck at my desk. 

Yeh, same here, If you casually game, chances are your desktop hardware is too powerful.

Since I'm still a high school student, I have taken the route of a laptop. While I don't doubt that desktops are great (I grew up with one) the easy mobility of a laptop has helped me significantly. Once I become independent I may just make the switch over to a desktop. I'd still keep my laptop around, but it wouldn't be of great need.

Also a point was brought up, I type a lot better on laptop keyboards, after being exposed to them for so long. I suppose there isn't much of a difference between the two, but it's still proven to be easier for me.

Since I'm still a high school student, I have taken the route of a laptop. While I don't doubt that desktops are great (I grew up with one) the easy mobility of a laptop has helped me significantly. Once I become independent I may just make the switch over to a desktop. I'd still keep my laptop around, but it wouldn't be of great need.

Also a point was brought up, I type a lot better on laptop keyboards, after being exposed to them for so long. I suppose there isn't much of a difference between the two, but it's still proven to be easier for me.

They make chiclet keyboards for desktops. 

Archived