Pointers for Trading? Help is appreciated!

Myles314

Well, as I am pretty new to trading, I have some items from regularly playing and then this guy helped me out and gave me a bunch of weapons and he told me to craft scrap so I did.

Now what do I do?

I have some weapons, 5 Refined Metal and 1 Scrap Metal.

What should I do? If anyone can explain trading to me, that would be lovely.

Wait until the weekend and go to Trade.tf, give it one ref and wait. You will likely make that ref back in a few minutes.

You want to wait til the weekend because thats when there's the most activity.

Quickbuy stranges for discounted amounts, sell for full price

I'm gonna need a little more than that, lol.

What are stranges? Which ones should I buy? How much off? How much do I resell for?

Buy stuff for ~70-80% of backpack.tf prices, and resell for backpack.tf prices

OK. What items? Just any that are on the homepage of backpack.tf?

Wait until the weekend and go to Trade.tf, give it one ref and wait. You will likely make that ref back in a few minutes.You want to wait til the weekend because thats when there's the most activity.

OK. Just checked out the site and it looks so confusing. I will wait until the weekend, as you said though.

Also what does trade.tf do? Give you good deals?

OK. Just checked out the site and it looks so confusing. I will wait until the weekend, as you said though.

Buy a few buds and skip crap tier trading. Best way of doing it.

trade.tf scans various trading websites such as tf2op and bazaar.tf and locates recently posted good deals.

It is well worth the cost. I've been using it since near the beginning, and I've made a lot off of it.

trade.tf scans various trading websites such as tf2op and bazaar.tf and locates recently posted good deals.

It is well worth the cost. I've been using it since near the beginning, and I've made a lot off of it.

So, only use it on weekends? Or just try to use mostly on weekends on minimize my use throughout the week?

and buds are.....? xD

Buds are what you buy unusuals with. Each bud is worth approx 16 keys right now.

Unusuals have a lot of profit in them (if you trade smartly, on a good day a bud profit is easily possible) while craft hats don't.

Also, is there anyone doing anything special for Halloween/Christmas on here?

Halloween has a ton of new high tier unusual effects and new halloween exclusive hats (they generally aren't worth anything until next halloween though).

Buds are what you buy unusuals with. Each bud is worth approx 16 keys right now.

Unusuals have a lot of profit in them (if you trade smartly, on a good day a bud profit is easily possible) while craft hats don't.

Oh ok. Are the Buds on the homepage of backpack.tf that are 16 - 16.5 Keys? Keys are 9 - 9.33 Ref and Ref is .24

Halloween has a ton of new high tier unusual effects and new halloween exclusive hats (they generally aren't worth anything until next halloween though).

Oh ok. So Halloween effects on Unusuals are better than regular effects?

Also, my question was "Is anyone on the Forums doing anything for Halloween/Christmas?" 

Like, a game where you can win prizes or giving away stuff? I am broke, so just wondering.

Here are some good tips:

Buy quicksells, this applies ESPECIALLY to stranges or high-profile/tier hats, then flip it for full price.

Avoid at ALLLLLLLLLL COSTS, KS weapons and strange weps with parts. Nothing but trouble.

Avoid very-low profile items that don't sell well, most Robo-hats, or uncraftable items in general.

Here are some good tips:

Buy quicksells, this applies ESPECIALLY to stranges or high-profile/tier hats, then flip it for full price.

Avoid at ALLLLLLLLLL COSTS, KS weapons and strange weps with parts. Nothing but trouble.

Avoid very-low profile items that don't sell well, most Robo-hats, or uncraftable items in general.

Avoiding ks weapons is a terrible idea, they're very profitable and aren't hard to sell if you know what to do with em.

I'm gonna need a little more than that, lol.

What are stranges? Which ones should I buy? How much off? How much do I resell for?

is it just me or does anyone see   every time they quote someone

ANYWAYS

strange are just normal weapons that track kills, buy the more popular/default ones (scattergun rocket launcher sniper rifle etc) for about a ref off then re sell for full price

Here are some good tips:

OK. Thanks a bunch for the help :D

Avoiding ks weapons is a terrible idea, they're very profitable and aren't hard to sell if you know what to do with em.

Well, I don't, so I will avoid them xD

Well, I don't, so I will avoid them xD

I'll tell you a secret of them: they sell well on the market, even if you just undercut the lowest seller by a cent.

Archived