October 20th Update

Seminal Inhalation

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

• Fixed another exploit that allowed clients to have an out-of-date, corrupt, or modified version of items_game.txt
  • Fixed clients not downloading *.dx80.vtx, *.dx90.vtx, and *.sw.vtx files from servers running custom content
  • Fixed sv_pure defaulting to -2 instead of 0
  • Fixed font issues for Mac clients
  • Made the Spellbook Magazine a base action slot item for players to equip and use when playing on a server that uses Halloween Spells
  • Fixed not being able to wear Halloween-restricted cosmetic items on Halloween maps outside of the regular Halloween and Fullmoon events
  • Halloween spells can now be enabled and controlled on servers via ConVars tf_spells_enabled and tf_player_spell_drop_on_death_rate
  • Halloween spells can now be enabled by map authors via HolidayEntity by setting the flag HalloweenSetUsingSpells

Trade.TF gave me a notification for this. Just another version of the Spellbook Magazine got added.

I want my Brimstone Horns already. </3

(volvo, plz make it so we can have skins again, plzzzzzzz.)

this update is most definitely 2spooky4me

I don't mind the skins so much as it broke my sound files and replaced them with screeching. I want to avoid the Resupply cabinet so I don't have to hear it. Also, they claim to allow custom hitsounds, but it doesn't seem like they actually do. My hitsounds have been replaced with what sounds like the sound of a man grunting, and it's very annoying.

Anyone know any decent community servers? One that don't say DOMINATING every five seconds, have clan names all over the damn screen, !rtd and the like? 

I don't mind the skins so much as it broke my sound files and replaced them with screeching. I want to avoid the Resupply cabinet so I don't have to hear it. Also, they claim to allow custom hitsounds, but it doesn't seem like they actually do. My hitsounds have been replaced with what sounds like the sound of a man grunting, and it's very annoying.

Anyone know any decent community servers? One that don't say DOMINATING every five seconds, have clan names all over the damn screen, !rtd and the like? 

Valve servers.

THANK GOD THE FONT ISSUE FOR MAC IS FIXED! 

That was an issue? I thought it was the part of the Mac Update to show uniqueness to the PC version (seriously)

(volvo, plz make it so we can have skins again, plzzzzzzz.)

this update is most definitely 2spooky4me

sv_pure is now default at 0. custom shit is allowed now.

Valve servers.

When was the last time you said something useful?

sv_pure is now default at 0. custom shit is allowed now.

The default is 0, but valve servers still run sv_pure 1. 

I just wish it would use default sounds instead of screeching at me (also, it says hitsounds are allowed, but it breaks mine).

Also, they claim to allow custom hitsounds, but it doesn't seem like they actually do. My hitsounds have been replaced with what sounds like the sound of a man grunting, and it's very annoying.

My custom hitsound still works... but it very literally IS and HAS BEEN a man grunting.

make sure hitsound.wav is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\custom\hitsound\sound\ui

The only thing it broke for me was my custom crosshair, which was just a regular + with the center part hollowed out and a dot at the middle. Also the whole thing had a black outline so it really popped.

Nothing I got worked up over.

When was the last time you said something useful?

The default is 0, but valve servers still run sv_pure 1. 

I just wish it would use default sounds instead of screeching at me (also, it says hitsounds are allowed, but it breaks mine).

Quote FROM YOU

"Anyone know any decent community servers? One that don't say DOMINATING every five seconds, have clan names all over the damn screen, !rtd and the like? "

Valve servers.

My custom hitsound still works... but it very literally IS and HAS BEEN a man grunting.

make sure hitsound.wav is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\custom\hitsound\sound\ui

The only thing it broke for me was my custom crosshair, which was just a regular + with the center part hollowed out and a dot at the middle. Also the whole thing had a black outline so it really popped.

Nothing I got worked up over.

My hitsound works on all other servers, and worked before the change, so I'm assuming I installed it right.

Quote FROM YOU

"Anyone know any decent community servers? One that don't say DOMINATING every five seconds, have clan names all over the damn screen, !rtd and the like? "

Valve servers.

You quoted that, but I'm not sure if you read it, or the context it was in. Does "Community" server mean anything to you? Valve servers are not run by the community, and clearly I was looking for a server running sv_pure 0, which the valve ones are not.

My hitsound works on all other servers, and worked before the change, so I'm assuming I installed it right.

You quoted that, but I'm not sure if you read it, or the context it was in. Does "Community" server mean anything to you? Valve servers are not run by the community, and clearly I was looking for a server running sv_pure 0, which the valve ones are not.

I've forgotten how dense you forum users are.

I've forgotten how dense you forum users are.

I truly feel sorry for anyone who regularly uses these forums and has had to deal with 1.6k of your posts.

So, is anyone capable of reading and being helpful in this thread? I would still like to find a couple servers to add to my favorites.

I truly feel sorry for anyone who regularly uses these forums and has had to deal with 1.6k of your posts.

So, is anyone capable of reading and being helpful in this thread? I would still like to find a couple servers to add to my favorites.

sorry i've gone almost whole hog onto valve servers nowadays because people can't resist the urge to have annoying plug-ins running on their community servers anymore.

so if anyone reading this has or shares a community server, please see the following:

you don't need the name of your server to appear 100% of the time in the corner of the screen

you don't need to advertise your forums, webpage, steam group etc. or other servers in the middle of the screen

i shouldn't have to download a folder full of sound clips from Unreal Tournament to play on your TF2 server

i'm not re-enabling html motd even if it "helps you keep this server running" because there are hundreds of servers and yours is not worth any more to me than another

I still need to buy Rebirth, but that Brimstone promo when?

Just pre-bought it, thanks for the reminder.

Im calling that itll be brought in with the Halloween update, maybe with the alien promos, all very halloween esque.

Archived