What is your definition of a W+M1 pyro?

Poopiepanda

Basically what has been said already; A pyro that simply holds W and M1, does not try to airblast, and continues to do so regardless of the flamethrower they have equipped. This is even more obvious when the W+M1 pyro has the backburner equipped, and attacks everyone from the front, for a flamethrower that benefits from behind attacks.

The most dedicated of Pyros who use no other combination, not even to save themselves from falling off the edge at Upward.

Godspeed, those magnificent bastards.

Main strategy is to run forward while holding down the fire button, usually resulting in their own death but sometimes managing to kill someone else before they die.  Doesn't have any real awareness of surroundings or any sense of when to back away or try an alternate route.  Doesn't airblast.  Doesn't make use of other weapons until primary ammo runs out.

Any Pyro that kills me.

This is definitely how I see the term used the most :P

I like to flare/shotgun people down to low health, and then run away and hide around a corner waiting for them to follow (Nobody doesn't chase a pyro who's running away with an empty shotgun clip while spamming "Help!"), and then I just flame or melee them for the last 20-50 damage, and I get called a W+M1 pyro for doing that. (Yes, I've been called a W+M1 for shotgun + melee ambush kills)

As an insult, it's probably the worst thing to call someone who just killed you, because pure W+M1 pyros are extremely easy to deal with, so it's pretty much admitting you can't beat a terrible player who has no skill or strategy....

Secondarily, I see "W+M1" used by people who think that their occasional Degreaser reflects make them better than everyone else, and any Pyro who kills them with a different weapon or strategy is called a "W+M1 scrub".

Archived