Lying to Get a Vote Approved

andrewjt1

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I didn't really know where to put it. This user, WV (http://steamcommunity.com/id/WyattVickers/), recently posted a price vote on backpack.tf for the Conga taunt (http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5429502db98d88aa5b8b45b1). In that post he said that "I'd sell my conga for 5 ref. All you have to do is send me an offer." I added him to trade. This was our exchange:

andrewjt1: Hi
WV: Hey
WV: What's up?
andrewjt1: You said you were selling your conga for 5 ref?
WV: Ugh
WV: Not one of you guys
andrewjt1: What
WV: I wanted my vote to get accepted
WV: but since it didn't... No
andrewjt1: You said, and I quote, "I would sell my conga for 5 ref, just send me a trade offer"      (the quote was a rough estimate since I wasn't currently on the thread)
WV: kk
andrewjt1: So you lied just to get your vote accepted?
WV: good for you
WV: have a good day
andrewjt1: just for full disclosure, posting this on backpack.tf, things like this shouldn't be done.

I don't know if this isn't allowed or is just frowned upon, but I personally think that people shouldn't lie to get a price suggestion approved about a TF2 item. 

He's marked on Steamrep for a possible scam and banned on backpack.tf for lying in a suggestion.

So basically, just never listen to anything he says.

He didn't have any proof in his suggestion and he said "I would" so he never said that he will sell it.

He also said "just send me a trade offer".

Looks like this has been taken care of, see his ban :3

justice

we got the hero we needed but didn't deserve to know that we deserved to need to know that he was the hero we deserved to need.

justice

we got the hero we needed but didn't deserve to know that we deserved to need to know that he was the hero we deserved to need.

Spoiler alert, don't read if you haven't seen Dark Knight

He didn't have any proof in his suggestion and he said "I would" so he never said that he will sell it.

"I would" is the same as "he will"

Looks like this has been taken care of, see his ban :3

dat 3 day ban .-.

It just pisses me off that people would do anything for a little bit of attention.

*Strips nekkid, waves naughty bits around*

EVERYONE, LOOK AT ME!!

Oh, uh, what were you saying?

Archived