Best to unbox?

flapjack0576

Event, seasonal, anything with a new strange.

It's safe to uncrate the seasonal and event crate during the first few days the keys get released, due to an unsteady market.

Same goes for crates with new stranges but those are maybe for the first 3 days that they get released since they crash fast.

If you want to unbox regular crates, go for stuff that's under series 25. They might have crap but there's a chance of getting a first gen unusual effect.

It's a common question, but this is how it goes.

If you just want an unusual, the best crate(s) is anything from 1-25, some of them being better than other ones due to their loot.

If you are looking for profit, the best crate is #42, it has some expensive strange parts.

You can also unbox new crates in the first day they can be unboxed, there is so much hyped to it that theres a good chance of making profit.

am I the only one that thinks unboxing crate 82 is good? because of the pro and spec kits...

Loads of people unbox those - the pro kit is worth more than 90% of 3rd gen hats.

Loads of people unbox those - the pro kit is worth more than 90% of 3rd gen hats.

Which is why I'm confused why no one has tried to put a price of those. Trade.tf has, but I feel it's inaccurate.

Which is why I'm confused why no one has tried to put a price of those. Trade.tf has, but I feel it's inaccurate.

It's because a professional kit comes in 49 different variations, all with varying values.

Anyways, as for the topic on hand:

If you want a good unusual and are willing to pay a bit for the crate: #1, #9, & #21

If you want a good unusual and don't want to pay a crate premium: #23, #24,& #25

If you don't care about the unusual but want to minimize loss (Or if unboxing for Halloween): #39, #42, #83, & #84

Robocrates are also somewhat of a decent choice nowadays, namely because of the rising value of some of the hats and the pallet of crates. Also, the unusuals, while not having the best demand, are relatively rare. I wouldn't suggest them for mass unboxing, but as something for a change of pace every now and again.

Archived