Catherine

Dixie 2.0

Random and l8, but whatevs

So I finished Catherine on the ps3 yesterday and I don't get it, why do people like it again? Thought it was alright but nothing amazing

Boobs.

No but really, it is the concept more so than gameplay. Also, it is an interesting story. But, if you look closer, there is a pretty interesting moral at the middle.

Are you faithful = Are you really as good as you say?

Are you a cheater = Is there something deep inside you?

It really is a tap into the human conscience. MOST OF US strive for a good life, surrounded by family and friends. But. to get there, we have to face our own demons and ask "Are we wasting our lives on pleasures?". But certainly, at the very end of it all, it is our choices that make up our futures. This is all evident in the Nightmare Climbs, Catherine (The succubus), and the ending you recieve based on your choices.

This was my personal interpretation. You can see it as you wish, but I do believe one thing is clear: This isn't just a "game". THe creators, and, lel, the narrator at the end, point out it is more THAN just a game. That is why it is great for me: I'm at a stage in my life where my choices can define my future. Do I want commitment? Do I want pleasure?

Am I ready to accept the consequences?

Food for thought.

To those who don't feel like playing it and just wanna know what it's about, just watch only the cut scenes of the game, back-to-back. There's a video or two on youtube of just that.

Did that one day while bored. It was alright. More meh than alright, actually.

Archived